Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2631

One of the first things to try is turn off dynamic recompilation, or dynarec, if thats still even an option anymore. I haven't used a PSX emulator in ages..

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2655

Hello everyone! I am currently using the PCSX-R for Intel Mac version 1.9.91 and I have been wondering, for the longest time, why I can't seem to play Parasite Eve 2 (it freezes at the Published by Square Electronic Arts L.L.C.), despite continually checking and unchecking the game fix (which isn't working for me, obviously). Does anyone know how I can remedy this? 'Twould be a shame if one of the greatest games on the PS1 can't be played properly.

Thanks a bunch!

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2660

Thanks I have now got it running fine on the latest version of PCSXR, but does anyone know a way of changing discs?

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2661

I'm fairly certain you just open the second disc from the menu. (or iso) Normal open command.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2698

Seems like the pcsxr project is dying.
No source code updates since 2 months.

Additional to that the builds from speed of mac don't work for me. I get no sound, the games I tried load only up to the main menu, but when starting the game nothing happens anymore. I tried OpenGL and SoftGL Drivers in every Version he has on his site. Nothing works.

The "official" version from the pcsxr site works just fine though, of course it suffers from other problems because it's very old but for now I will/have to stay with that one. :/

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2702

I believe that in the past they've gone two months without an update. Feel free to ask around at pcsxr.codeplex.com to see what they're up to. Also, If the sound isn't working with my builds, be sure that they're opening in 32-bit mode (get info on the app bundle and check the open in 32-bit mode option). If that doesn't work, let me know.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2703

I have a 32bit Mac Book Pro, so that's not the problem.
btw. why is there a newer build 69909 from August and the next build with a lower number (69887) from september? is the first number supossed to be 69809?

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2704

The numbering issue was because the script I was using to build and package PCSXR took the SVN revision number instead of the SVN last changed revision number. I updated the script and it's now in line with PCSXR's numbers.

Also, I saw a patch uploaded today that addresses some issues of the Mac DFInput plugin, so an update shouldn't be too far away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MetalDragon

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2705

MetalDragon wrote:
I have a 32bit Mac Book Pro, so that's not the problem.
btw. why is there a newer build 69909 from August and the next build with a lower number (69887) from september? is the first number supossed to be 69809?

What machine # is your MBP? It's been a while since there were any 32-bit CPU MBPs. Like four years.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2707

Anyone else having this issue with the OpenGL plugin?

When I limit the frame rate, the game plays in slow motion.
Uncapped, the game plays way too fast, especially the music/sound.
Vsync doesn't seem to have any effect on this speed problem.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2710

Squishy Tia wrote:

What machine # is your MBP? It's been a while since there were any 32-bit CPU MBPs. Like four years.

MacBookPro1,1

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2711

MetalDragon wrote:
Squishy Tia wrote:

MacBookPro1,1

Ewww...Core Duo. And unlike a mini/iMac you can't upgrade it. That...sucks.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2712

Yeah, 32bit, told ya

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2770

Hi all. I'm going to sound like a total idiot (perhaps) but is there a guide anywhere as to what the settings in the OpenGL driver in the Mac version of PCSXR do (i.e. how they actually change how the graphics look on screen)? Some of the names seem straight forward, but others aren't obvious to me. Such as what is the difference between frame buffer effects being set to Item 1 vs. Item 2? What does "Perform Opaque Pass" do?

This isn't helped by the fact that the layout and naming conventions are somewhat different from the PC version of this driver.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2772

Thus far I've given up on the Mac OpenGL driver for PCSX-R. I can't get a single (not one) game to show any menu items at all (cursors especially) with it active. It sucks too - the PC driver really shines and makes many games look pretty damned good.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2803

Hey does anyone here know why my Megaman Legends 2 won't get past the logo screen? Please respond fast, I am dying to play this game and this thread I found through Google has helped me so far figure out PCSX for the most part.

Also my Chrono Cross game freezed at the titles screen, got past that but I tried to talk the to lady who sells stuff at tthe very beginning by your house and it freezes when I select "see elementals/weapons".I ignored that but I decided to quit once it froze again immediately before naming the red shirted girl...

Please help

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2805

For Chrono Cross you need to go into Preferences > Plugins > Configure (For the SoftGL driver) > Enable Hacks > Odd/Even bit hack.

As for MML2, I suggest trying the old compatibility hack, or making absolutely sure you have a proper PSX BIOS installed into the correct location.

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2814

The old compatability hack? I'm not familiar...

And yeah I figured that out on the Chrono Cross I remembered how I got past the title screen in the first place...

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2820

The "old compatibility hack" is on the same pane as the even/odd bit hack. It's one of the hack "options".

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 5 months ago #2821

thanks for the replies, btw.

do you mean the old frame skipping hack? as you can see there is no "old compatibility hack"
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by aric.

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds