Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #207

This is a forum for people who are interested in the Mac port of PCSX-R, a PlayStation emulator for Intel Macs.
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #208

Here is the URL to the current release of PCSX-Reloaded: click here to download PCSX-Reloaded for Mac.

If you're looking for the latest development versions, check out http://consoleemu.com/emulator/pcsx-reloaded#latest
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #211

Can I take my PS2 controller and use it for this? I'd love to do that.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #220

You should be able to, but you'll need a PS2 to USB adapter. It shouldn't be too difficult to track one down in person, and they're sold all over the internet. Here's one from Amazon, for instance: Playstation 2 to PC USB Gamepad Converter.
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #224

Sweet! I think I'll get one and download it. It's worth the couple bucks to shell out on the converter.

Does it work for you? 14 years, 3 months ago #226

Wow, I didn't know that a Intel version existed!

But do you guys have some secret handshake that makes it work?

If I try to run it with a mounted disc image, the sound plugin makes it crash a few seconds after selecting "run from CD".

Thread 1 Crashed:
0   dyld                          	0x8fe18c02 misaligned_stack_error + 0
1   net.sf.peops.SPUPlugin        	0x0046c96e SoundFeedStreamData + 213
2   net.sf.peops.SPUPlugin        	0x004737aa MAINThread + 7340
3   com.codeplex.pcsxr            	0x0002e375 psxRcntUpdate + 490

If I turn off the "Compatible mode" in sound settings and try to run a CD or a mounted image (both with the Run CD option), I get a "Could not check CD-ROM" error message. The very same image and CD works fine with PCSX 1.6 pre. I'm using a Macbook Pro C2D with MacOS 10.5.8.

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 3 months ago #243

It worked for me as soon as I put the bios in its proper place. Have you set up the bios? I threw together a little how-to at SpeedofMac.com with some information on that.

When I run a mounted image, regardless of file extension (.img, .iso, etc.) I always choose "Run ISO" from the File menu, and I've been able to switch discs and everything.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 3 months ago #245

the dynarec cpu core is still incompatible with Mac OS X, so turn it off may help.

Maccer wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that a Intel version existed!

But do you guys have some secret handshake that makes it work?

If I try to run it with a mounted disc image, the sound plugin makes it crash a few seconds after selecting "run from CD".

Thread 1 Crashed:
0   dyld                          	0x8fe18c02 misaligned_stack_error + 0
1   net.sf.peops.SPUPlugin        	0x0046c96e SoundFeedStreamData + 213
2   net.sf.peops.SPUPlugin        	0x004737aa MAINThread + 7340
3   com.codeplex.pcsxr            	0x0002e375 psxRcntUpdate + 490

If I turn off the "Compatible mode" in sound settings and try to run a CD or a mounted image (both with the Run CD option), I get a "Could not check CD-ROM" error message. The very same image and CD works fine with PCSX 1.6 pre. I'm using a Macbook Pro C2D with MacOS 10.5.8.
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by Whistler.

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 3 months ago #254

Uh... "intel version", yeah... somehow I believed that 1.6pre was PPC when it is in fact universal Must be because it was updated ages ago.

But thanks, both of you! I think the culprit was in fact the Dynarec CPU core. After turning it off, the games launched just fine! I could select the toast images with the "Run ISO" option. The Moby CD plugin worked fine, too. Maybe the 1001 bios helped, too. I had 1000 and 5000 earlier, it probably used 1000 since that's the first one in the list.

I think the labels on the analog L-stick settings are reversed though: up should be down, and left should be right. I'm using a Dualshock 3 controller connected with a USB cable to the Mac.

Is there any change log for PCSX reloaded? What's new since 1.6pre? And is is possible to get rid of the slight stuttering sound in the intro music in Legend of Mana and/or Chrono Cross?

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 3 months ago #257

I can't get discs to run. If I use an iso then it works perfectly, but both physical and virtual discs produce "error - could not check CD-ROM!" This doesn't happen with 1.6pre, and I'm using the same settings (but I also tried different settings to see if it would work, it didn't). Yes I have the 1001 bios and dynarec is off. So with everything exactly the same, I can run discs in the older version and not the newer one. Anyone have a solution?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 3 months ago #260

you could just get a PS3 controller, that works just fine (at least with SNES9x)

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 2 months ago #285

I can't get discs to run. If I use an iso then it works perfectly, but both physical and virtual discs produce "error - could not check CD-ROM!" This doesn't happen with 1.6pre, and I'm using the same settings (but I also tried different settings to see if it would work, it didn't). Yes I have the 1001 bios and dynarec is off. So with everything exactly the same, I can run discs in the older version and not the newer one. Anyone have a solution?

Which CD plugin were you using in 1.6pre and which one are you using in PCSX Reloaded? If it was a different plugin for 1.6pre, you could copy it into the plugins directory for PCSX-R and use that one. To get to PCSX's plugins folder, go to PCSX in the Applications folder, right-click on the PCSX (Reloaded) application, select "Show Package Contents", then Contents -> Plugins. Let us know if that helps.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #287

I found the version of PCSX Reloaded linked to in his post on Softpedia: PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.91. It's had 79 downloads at the time of writing this post. We can keep an eye on that site to see if it gets updated with a new version before a new version is posted on here.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #288

John wrote:
Although I'm much more of an active observer than an active developer of PCSX-Reloaded for Mac that some dedicated people had been working on, I thought it would be good to share the URL to a working version of PCSX-R that one of the forum members hosted on his site: click here to download PCSX-Reloaded for Mac.
I won't take any credit for this port, and I apologise for not including your names to the person who is hosting this file and to the people who worked so hard on this build. But, the project lives on!

I believe that Wei Mingzhi is one of the people to thank for the Intel version of PCSX Reloaded. This PCSX-Reloaded CodePlex discussion would be good to keep an eye on. It seems as though anyone should be able to build the newest version of PCSX-Reloaded on a Mac. Let us know if you've done it.

Edit: I successfully built PCSX Reloaded with the sourcecode from CodePlex (available from the link above).

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 2 months ago #291

HDL wrote:

This is exactly the same for me. I tried multiple times to c&p plug-ins, settings, and even redownloaded the BIOS to get PCSX Reloaded to play the physical discs. In the end I'm just sticking with 1.6pre because my needs are for discs and not images (although I could get Reloaded to play isos).

Sorry this isn't much help, but I thought at least I would chime in some confirmation.

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 2 months ago #294

not sure why this happened, but it works well here (however I'm using Mac OS X 10.4 and maybe it's broken on later versions - hope someone else can fix this if this is the case). Also note that this is based on pcsxmac 1.5 PowerPC version (as the source code of 1.6 UB version is not released) so do expect some issues which don't exist in 1.6 version.

does the problem still exist by copying the CDR plugin from pcsxmac 1.6pre?
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by Whistler.

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 2 months ago #296

It works for me on an X3100 MacBook running Snow Leopard. I've successfully got ISOs for Parasite Eve and FFIX working.

A few questions:

For some reason when I load a save state, my controller stops working. There doesn't seem to be any way to fix this or to reset the controller without quitting the game (which forces me to reload from the save state, causing the controller to quit). Does anyone know a workaround for this or if it will be fixed in the near term?

For a while I was using ePSXe under Windows and there were some very nice plug-ins that would up the resolution on 3d shapes with a similar result to anti aliasing. Are there any graphics plug-ins for PCSX on the Mac that will similarly improve image quality?

With some games, PCSX Reloaded will run .bin files but not others. Does anyone know what the cause might be?

Thanks!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #298

I downloaded the version of PCSX Reloaded from this post. It seemed to run my games just fine, but now my MacBook isn't producing any sound. Also, iTunes won't play anymore. Do you know why this happened?

::EDIT::
I've restarted my computer, and the sound is working again. Could it have been related to the emulator? Also, how do I control this emulator? Can I customize the controls?

::EDIT2::
I figured out the control problem. I have another problem now. The emulator had been running perfectly. But now, it doesn't completely work in full screen. The audio still plays, but the video pauses and doesn't move. Can anyone please help me? Also, thanks for making it possible for me to play Policenauts. I've been trying to play is for many, many years.

::EDIT3::
I found out that the video would only freeze when I pushed the maximize window button in the PCSX window. Using the ESC key (which I didn't know did this) will switch to fullscreen with no problems.
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by TooTallTony. Reason: new info

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 2 months ago #300

John wrote:
Which CD plugin were you using in 1.6pre and which one are you using in PCSX Reloaded? If it was a different plugin for 1.6pre, you could copy it into the plugins directory for PCSX-R and use that one. To get to PCSX's plugins folder, go to PCSX in the Applications folder, right-click on the PCSX (Reloaded) application, select "Show Package Contents", then Contents -> Plugins. Let us know if that helps.

The default plugin it comes with: CD-ROM Device Interface. Like I said, I didn't change anything from the two different versions. One works and one doesn't. I also tried using the old plugin and the error persists. I'm using 10.6.2, if that has anything to do with it (doubtful).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 2 months ago #311

Hello everyone! I downloaded PCSX-reloaded for intel mac and of all things, the keyboard won't work! It works fine in PCSX 1.5. The ASimpleInput plugin was missing from the package contents, so I copied it over from my PCSX app. It doesn't appear in preferences>plugins>controller. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? It's not practical for me to use a controller, so I'd really like to get the keyboard working. Thanks in advance for your help!

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds