Welcome, Guest
Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 2 months ago #2077

HelixNRG wrote:
I've got a complete set of the ROMs for MAME v0.141 (without the CHDs) and placed it in the same folder as the 'mame64' executable that I downloaded for SDLMame.

It loads, but then reports (within the MAME GUI) that it can't find the ROMs. Is the same folder as the application where SDLMAME is expecting to find the ROMs?

- Alex
Run it from terminal (don't double click it) or use a frontend linked in the first post.

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 2 months ago #2152

The frontend is windows only.
is there no still suported mac mame gui anymore?

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 2 months ago #2156

M+ GUI is updated regularly for OSX, google is your friend.

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2158

CrispyXUK wrote:
M+ GUI is updated regularly for OSX, google is your friend.

We wouldn't need to google-fu our way to greatness if there were still an emulator database around like on the old MacScene.net site. Just sayin'

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2159

Jeez man, I'm working on it.

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2161

I think I need to improve my Googling. The latest version of M+ GUI I can find is from March 2010.

BTW: does anyone know what happened to MAME_Tunes? Their Web site seems to be down.

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2162

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2163

Hooray! Thanks for the Link! At last, using M+GUI and pointing title graphics and ROMs to their right directories, I can finally run SDLMAME v.140!

Given this is the first time I've used a separate GUI for MAME, does the GUI need to be updated to know about the latest supported working ROMs?

Thanks in advance!

- Alex

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2164

I think they used to work that way in the past, but with M+GUI (and probably all front ends now?) it actually reads the ROM list from the binary itself, so replacing the binary and refreshing works fine.

From that forum thread, it looks like the March 2010 version is in fact the latest...

Re:Arcade Emulation - MAME/Others 13 years, 1 month ago #2166

HelixNRG wrote:
Hooray! Thanks for the Link! At last, using M+GUI and pointing title graphics and ROMs to their right directories, I can finally run SDLMAME v.140!

Given this is the first time I've used a separate GUI for MAME, does the GUI need to be updated to know about the latest supported working ROMs?

Thanks in advance!

- Alex
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a site out there that advertised this stuff?

Time to create page: 0.15 seconds