Welcome, Guest
Polls
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Polls

Re:Polls 13 years, 7 months ago #1585

Sadly none of the current tech, glasses or standalone (the mobile screens) will do any good for me unless having one eye doesn't hinder the depth perception any more than the real world does (remember, I see by color, shadow, and light to determine distance and motion variations). At least I know I'll be saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on displays since I realistically cannot use current 3D tech.

Re:Polls 13 years, 7 months ago #1591

I'm starting to get pretty riled with the amount of 3D tech we're being bombarded with. It's something that doesn't speak to me at all. In film particularly it simply detracts from the matter at hand, it's a gimmick and a distraction. I hardly know anyone who has a large amount of HD content yet, partly out of a lack of conviction in its worth. The thought of them getting 3D tech seems even more far fetched.

I can't see myself ever adopting a 3D tech device...

...well maybe when sci-fi style holographic projection is available!

Next poll topic suggestion: Motion-Control Gaming.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1839

At this very moment, the current poll has 43.8% for "What's SCI?"

You people should be ashamed. This is almost as bad (numerically, it's actually worse) as the "What's Marathon?" vote from earlier in the year.

Edit: That reminds me, I should finish the Mac Classics Reborn article I was writing for Marathon.
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by mossy_11.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1840

If I'm not mistaken, they also had a hand in Carmageddon, which would be my choice.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1842

mossy_11 wrote:
At this very moment, the current poll has 43.8% for "What's SCI?"

I wouldn't say I don't know about SCI, however I've never really played any of the games enough to vote for a favourite!

IUG wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, they also had a hand in Carmageddon, which would be my choice.

I think you're getting confused with SCI Games Plc.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1854

Just thinking... I always use my iPod so cannot view the flash-based polls. Anybody thought about making a more iOS friendly polls section?

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1857

Yeah, that's been on my MacScene to-do list since we relaunched the site. If I get bored from Archive I'll take a quick crack at it.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1859

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1889

dickmedd wrote:
Next poll topic suggestion: Motion-Control Gaming.

I second this.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1904

Is it just me, or can you vote an unlimited number of times?

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1905

I think the amount of votes is down to the honesty of the voter. I've had the opportunity to vote multiple times but am interested to see what the genuine outcome is. AND SO SHOULD YOU BE!
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by dickmedd.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1906

I am interested, however, I'd believe the votes more if I couldn't vote twice.

Also, I am used to polls showing results instead of the poll again after you vote. Just a preference.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1909

dickmedd wrote:
I think the amount of votes is down to the honesty of the voter. I've had the opportunity to vote multiple times but am interested to see what the genuine outcome is. AND SO SHOULD YOU BE!

I agree. Don't screw with the votes, guys.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1910

The voting system doesn't track (and thus limit) the votes to 1 per account? I thought that'd kind of be, you know, standard.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1927

My vote was for Controller (SNES) but that wasn't an option so I want to clear up NO modern controller in my vote And yes limit the voting to one per IP if you can I'd be much more interested in the true outcome.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1929

You're only able to vote once per day. Looking at the logs only two people voted in the last poll more than once (and oddly enough voted for two different options). Future polls will only allow one vote per week. And the video below may help you with next week's poll.

Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Niemann.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1932

Here's a faster run:
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Squirrel.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1933

I wish I'd known about all those secrets and shortcuts back in the day.

Re:Polls 13 years, 5 months ago #1937

Anybody know how to do the ladder super jump. I've never seen that. In fact, I HATE the ladders in Mario 2.

Re:Polls 13 years, 4 months ago #1968

Ok... these are all great, and my nod definitely goes to Mario. He defined platforming, and then 3D Platforming. Each game that comes out seems to be getting easier and easier though...

But I think there is a new classic series in the making that gets my modern system nod. Uncharted. If you have the chance, play it.

Time to create page: 0.23 seconds