Welcome, Guest
The YouTube Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The YouTube Thread

Re: The YouTube Thread 11 years, 10 months ago #3330

seanstar wrote:
What was that, Squirrel? Something about an announcement and a choice of days?

I do believe I've been told.
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by Squirrel.

Re: The YouTube Thread 11 years, 10 months ago #3331

Good old SEGA and their random ads...

Re: The YouTube Thread 11 years, 8 months ago #3430

Been awhile since I trolled here, but...

If there is something- literally probably anything- you wish to get out of your head, press play.
Otherwise, run.
You have been advised.

Re: The YouTube Thread 11 years, 8 months ago #3432

I must remember to take heed of your warnings in future.

Re: The YouTube Thread 11 years, 3 months ago #3619

Mark your calendars for this time next week-
The following user(s) said Thank You: menace690

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 12 months ago #3711

WayForward, you rock.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 12 months ago #3712

seanstar wrote:

WayForward, you rock.

YES!!!!!

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 12 months ago #3713

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this one. It'll be a nice change from the usual.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 8 months ago #3770

Uh, awesome alert.
(Finally embedded that right.)
Last Edit: 10 years, 8 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 8 months ago #3772

That's so cool. Just tweeted about it on the Archive account.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 8 months ago #3773

I'm looking forward to seeing it. The Power Glove was one of those 'mythical' products when I was a kid - our generation was Mega Drive and SNES, which didn't help - a little like the Virtual Boy, there were kids who talked about them, but you weren't sure if anyone actually had them, and I certainly never saw one.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure they weren't ever available in the UK anyway, or were they? That might lend weight to my 'no one actually had them' argument. I remember the same hype and chitchat surrounding the 64DD. There was a shop in Nottingham that used to stock various imported games and accessories, so I guess people may have picked them up in there.
Last Edit: 10 years, 8 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 6 months ago #3800

One for the webtechs and vintage audiophiles- While not technically Youtube, this little snippet spun off an ongoing project of mine can still serve the purpose of ambient audio

www.psychsoftware.org/portfolio/software...neJS/chiptuneJS.html

It will currently ONLY work in Chrome (desktop or Android; haven't tried iOS) or maybe the nightly/beta Firefox releases. Safari claims to have AudioContext but takes the OscillatorNode's .start() function as a cue to silently fail out of the script and pretend I never asked it for anything.

The key thing to note here is that I am using all of zero audio files for theoretically unlimited audio duration, much in the same way ye olde consoles and my old chiptune.cpp libraries did. Just pure sweet waveforms provided by the browser ^_^

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 6 months ago #3801

Sounds cool, it'd be great to see some documentation beyond the page source. I came across a very similar thing last week, which has a little less scope but is pretty simple to use: github.com/meenie/band.js
Last Edit: 10 years, 6 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 6 months ago #3802

Yeah, that does look like a proper library, and much more tailored to music creation from a musician's perspective. I basically just rebuilt my existing architectures from chiptune and the various NES sequencers in JS, more than anything because I could. It's a bit more of a raw data syntax, but it should be flexible enough for the game I'm in the middle of, and I may6 give it more attention as a standalone library once that's done.

Re: The YouTube Thread 10 years, 6 months ago #3803

You can't get away from these things lately: www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/1271-chirp-8...pune-music-composer/

Re:The YouTube Thread 8 years, 3 months ago #4133

Happy holidays! Anyone even remember this game?
soundcloud.com/psychaudio-1/white-marshmallow-red-santa-hat

Re:The YouTube Thread 8 years, 3 months ago #4134

Kirby's Dream Land for Gameboy? Yeah, it was a good game. The sequels were much better. Spent lots of time playing Dream Land 2 (SGB), getting 100% in Adventure (NES) and 3 (SNES), and screwing around with the abilities in Crystal Shards (N64). One of the most fun platforming series I've played. Too bad Epic Yarn (WII) sucks.

Very nice mashup here, seanstar. I've forgotten how awesome the King Dedede theme was.

Re: The YouTube Thread 4 years, 5 months ago #4511

finkmac wrote:

Good old SEGA and their random ads...

Reminds me I've still got a Game Gear in my shed (stashed away in my 'stuff from Japan' box with my Wonderswan and Neo Geo Pocket). I bought it + all my favourite games from Super Potato (sure there's lots of YouTube pilgrimages to Super Potato, here's the first one that popped up).

It was pretty cool whipping it out on the Tokyo subway during the trip home from work. At the time I'd come from Wollongong in Australia (chilled out city of about 300,000) so Tokyo was like super modern and it felt like I was living in the future. Everybody else was sitting around playing Monster Hunter on their DS so I felt pretty cool playing Sonic 2 on my Game Gear.
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by jetboy.

Time to create page: 0.22 seconds