Welcome, Guest
Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central!

Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1088

Futurama is easily my favorite show. And coming up Thursday at 10pm EST is the first brand new episode after the 4 movies they released straight to DVD. Let's just say there's also a "sneak peek" "out there" already, but at least Thursday it'll broadcast in HD, like a show about the future should.

Anyone else excited for this show's re-return?
Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by IUG.

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1090

I can't freaking wait. I am one of those fans that bought all the DVDs, even after pirating them to get them early. (I also have the Seasons on DVD) I love the clever use of real science and math intermingled in the jokes.

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1092

i loved the show back in the day but was disappointed by the 4 movies. one of them was rather decent, but i hardly chuckled through the other three.
ever since watching curb your enthusiasm everything else doesn't seem that funny anymore

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1093

The original seasons (4?) before it got cancelled were great. Clever writing, good jokes and everything you could want... but you could sense toward the end of that 4th season that they were starting to struggle in coming up with compelling concepts and jokes that worked in unison like the episodes before.

Then came the movies, and they were awful in my opinion. There would be no interest in them for me had it not come off the back of a good run of seasons. I chuckled here and there but, the ideas and conecepts were over elaborate and the jokes were less clever.

I caught the first episode of this new season, possibly the worst Futurama episode I have seen. Something about them kicking the bucket and being replaced by robots and... I dont know, I turned it off and went to bed.

I hope it gets better and doesnt go down the route of the Simpsons. Are the original writers still on-board?
I will try a few more episodes, but, it has to pick itself up or I wont be watching it anymore.

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1095

I'm looking forward to seeing the new series, will have to try and track down the first episode later as a UK date has not been announced and will probably be on a channel I don't have! I really hope this doesn't go the way of The Simpsons, I always thought it was a far more consistent show that was probably slightly less popular for all its sci-fi tendencies!

'It was almost the perfect crime, but you forgot one thing: rock crushes scissors! But paper covers rock... and scissors cut paper! Kif, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper, and bring me a rock.' - Zapp Brannigan

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1106

Watched the 2 episodes. Not bad...
Looks like things are off from where they were.

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1145

Everyone caught the apple themed episode a few nights ago, I hope? Spoofing Apple could have been really dated, but the episode was maybe the best of the new series so far.

And, meanwhile, I guess that the Fry/Leela romance of the direct-to-DVD episodes has been undone? Or put on hold? Or something?

Last Edit: 13 years, 9 months ago by WatchSmart.

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 9 months ago #1149

The 'EyePhone' episode was definitely the best of the series so far. I think it was a pretty good satirical meeting of 'must have new popular tech' hype /obsession with the banal nature of Youtube sensations along with the bored fickleness of the viewers.

'These EyePhones are phones too!?'

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 7 months ago #1518

After watching all the S6 episodes so far, I have to say that I'm really surprised of how much better they are than the movies. I even rewatched all of the older seasons and have to say that the new ones are on the same level of quality as I remembered them.

Re:Futurama! New episode Thur @ 10 on Comedy Central! 13 years, 7 months ago #1521

I disliked the Da Vinci one. Other than that, I am enjoying them.

Time to create page: 0.15 seconds