Welcome, Guest
the most recent OS update on the Mac
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: the most recent OS update on the Mac

the most recent OS update on the Mac 7 years, 11 months ago #4208

Anyone downloaded it yet It's been saying 1 update for a few weeks now & read some horror stories on it. Is it going o.k. after installation?

Re: the most recent OS update on the Mac 7 years, 10 months ago #4229

I've installed it on a 13" and 15" 2015 MBP with no issues.

Re: the most recent OS update on the Mac 7 years, 7 months ago #4266

I'm too scared... I just got the drivers for my Keyspan adaptor working (for connecting to my Newton using 10.11). Unless there's a heap of compelling new features, then I'm not upgrading.

If anything, I'm wanting to install Snow Leopard onto a separate HD and dual-boot into it for Rosetta and a few legacy apps. Apple won't let me install it though... waaaaa!

Re: the most recent OS update on the Mac 7 years, 6 months ago #4276

Just install VirtualBox and load it all into a VM; that's what I do. I've given up on VirtualBox for 10.5, but 10.4 and 10.6 through 10.11 run perfectly well in it. Running 10.4.11 PPC with Mac OS 9.2.2 in qemu-ppc and VirtualBox with 10.6.8 will let you run pretty much any legacy Mac software not slaved to external hardware or a less than 640x480 screen resolution. For the former, I have a few PPC minis kicking around; for the latter, Mini vMac.

That said, the original thread was for one of theh 10.11 point updates; 10.12 is running fine for me, but I've lost support for a few pieces of software, and the only compelling new thing I've seen is Siri, which I haven't even used for anything useful yet since I upgraded months ago.

Let me know if you need help installing Snow Leopard; it's a bit tricky on later model Macs and recent versions of VirtualBox.

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds