Welcome, Guest
new keyboard
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: new keyboard

new keyboard 9 years, 4 months ago #3995

Some buttons on my wireless keyboard are sticking. Not a fan of these keyboards...I'm looking for a keyboard that were like the old days...they were kind of bigger...the buttons were bigger...and it was wired (not a fan of wireless...hate wireless things losing energy in the middle of something & I have to go find rechargeable batteries in the house. So are there any old school type keyboards (not the aluminum new kind) around in stores still?

Re: new keyboard 9 years, 4 months ago #3996

I haven't been in an electronics store for so long, I couldn't tell you. But, if you're a fan of the old-school type, why not just go with actual old-school?

I suggest taking a look at secondhand shops for used keyboards from the wired era. Something from the G4/G5 era perhaps (I use a G4 keyboard at work), or even some generic PC USB keyboard would fit the bill?
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by Squirrel. Reason: Grammar

Re: new keyboard 9 years, 4 months ago #3998

I'd echo that. Look 2nd hand or eBay for G4/G5/early-Intel Mac keyboards, or grab something that's designed for PC. A quick search shows there are plenty old-school PC keyboards still on sale.

I suspect that Mac-specific keyboards have all gone into "slim" and "low profile" territory now.

Re: new keyboard 9 years, 4 months ago #3999

If it were me, I'd get a Unicomp Spacesaver M keyboard. It's basically a slimmer version of the old mechanical IBM Model M keyboard, except with a Mac layout. While I don't have the Mac version (yet), I have the PC version and I love it. It's build like a tank.

EDIT:

Here's one that's a modern take on the old Apple Extended Keyboard:

matias.ca/tactilepro3/
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by domdec314.

Re: new keyboard 9 years, 4 months ago #4001

That Tactile Pro one looks fantastic. I'm tempted to get one to make my longer writing sessions more comfortable. Price is pretty steep, though.

Re: new keyboard 9 years, 4 months ago #4002

My current keyboard

gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710pl...ical-gaming-keyboard

Gotta love mechanical keyboards and this one is very responsive. I do miss my Apple Extended Keyboard II. but no where near as much as I used to...

Warning, it drives some people absolutely nuts to listen to me type on this thing. If I am writing a long email or in an intense coding session, it can get very loud. (I think its awesome though)

Also: www.amazon.com/Griffin-2001-ADB-iMate-Un...0#productDescription

Not sure if this thing still works, but its something to consider if you do have an old mac keyboard lying around.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by menace690.

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds