Welcome, Guest
latest iTunes...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: latest iTunes...

latest iTunes... 9 years, 5 months ago #3978

When you put a dozen or so of mp3s of the same album & add it to iTunes, how can you not have iTunes have it where iTunes puts each song in a new album having 6 or so albums with 1 song in each.

Re: latest iTunes... 9 years, 5 months ago #3979

Sounds like your id3 tags are a bit wonky. The way I do this is add things to an import playlist, then select all and group rename the album. Then I can remove them from the import playlist

Re: latest iTunes... 9 years, 5 months ago #3986

menace690 wrote:
Sounds like your id3 tags are a bit wonky. The way I do this is add things to an import playlist, then select all and group rename the album. Then I can remove them from the import playlist

Sounds like you're correct. However, I've also run into this problem and it's a bit weird. One particular album (which was fine before) does this to me. I tried bulk renaming the album and artist (and the 'sort by' album/artist) but didn't have complete success. Some still sit in their own individual albums.

... I reckon it's just Apple punishing me for listening to Kool & the Gang?

It's either that or me being stuck back in the days when 128kbps MP3 was 'CD quality' and nobody could hear the difference (damn those people who say 256kbps is the bare minimum they can put up with... I swear it only makes a difference if you're bending the pitch using something like Ableton). Good work, I fit a rant in there!

While I'm at it... a while back iTunes Match introduce this other issue and I've never fixed it:

It has weirded up a bunch of albums. Doesn't annoy me on a day to day basis but it would be cool if there was a way to go through and say 'if there's 2 songs in an album that are the same kbps, same id3, same size and hmmm... after analysing the makeup of the two files ARE the same file... punt one of them please.
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by jetboy.

Re: latest iTunes... 9 years, 5 months ago #3989

Verify the The is capitalized or uncapitalized everywhere? (The band A.F.I does the same for me, I am currently blaming iTunes Match as thats when the issue started)

You can use the Remove Duplicates feature in iTunes for the second issue... It is usually smart enough to find songs with same name and artist. (My issue with it is its TOO aggressive, as every NIN remix comes up as the same song)

Re: latest iTunes... 9 years, 2 months ago #4026

I've had all sorts of issues with this... the issue for me appears to be that some items are found by iTunes Match and grouped as an album, and the ones that don't "match" get tossed in an alternate album of the same name.

Might be worth going through the XML file in the iTunes folder to see if they're getting different album IDs or something. I'm not too concerned about this right now, as iTunes Match keeps reverting all my changes every time I try to update the metadata -- nothing like rating all your songs to see all the ratings disappear -- or adding bpm/key/time sig to watch it all vanish again (or cleaning up composer/artist mismatches or genre gaffes just to see them all come back the next time Match syncs).

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds