Welcome, Guest
Steve Jobs product announcements retrospective
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Steve Jobs product announcements retrospective

Steve Jobs product announcements retrospective 12 years, 8 months ago #2515

This is my next posted a retrospective (with videos) of all the Steve Jobs product announcements during his tenure at the helm of Apple.

It's a great look at one of the greatest salesmen of the 20th/21st century doing his thing, and a fascinating walk through the evolution of Apple design sensibilities since 1997.

What I was wondering, though, is which of these product announcements everyone thinks was the best managed. Which was most underwhelming? Which was most at odds with the quality and functionality of the actual product? And will Jobs' salesmanship be missed from future announcements, or can the likes of Tim Cook and Jonathan Ive do enough to paint everything as so new, wonderful, and magical that we should all buy without hesitation?
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by mossy_11.

Re:Steve Jobs product announcements retrospective 12 years, 8 months ago #2516

I'd have to have another look through everything to decide which was the most underwhelming. There's half a memory in my mind of Jobs pressing something after it clearly didn't impress as much as he expected but I can't think what it was. The original iMac announcement definitely strikes me as one of the most enthusiastic.

Wait, Steve Jobs isn't dead? Then why was I reading so many eulogies yesterday? Seriously I understand that it is the end of an era at Apple but some of the articles and reports only needed a few tense changes to make it sound as though the man had dropped dead. He's one man. If Apple crumbles following his resignation as CEO then it's got to have some serious issues.

Re:Steve Jobs product announcements retrospective 12 years, 7 months ago #2517

I worked at Apple during the iMac lampshade was released. We were underwhelmed.

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds