Welcome, Guest
Best mouse to use?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Best mouse to use?

Best mouse to use? 12 years, 11 months ago #2257

So what's the best mouse to use with plenty of extra buttons, X/Y axis scroll wheels, and wired?

I'm using the Logitech MX1000 right now (below), but it's battery is dying, and the signal is starting to loose it's reliability.

I want those back/forth buttons, and a button like the one in the center of those two. I use that button for Expose. Plus, the page up/down buttons are useful. I tried another Logitech mouse, but it couldn't scroll left/right, and the buttons over/under the scroll wheel were to increase or decrease the sensitivity.

I do play Portal, and I picked up all the Half Life titles on Steam, so I guess something decent for gaming would be good. I'm really not looking for anything over $50, but I want something that can at least match the functions of my old mouse.

Re:Best mouse to use? 12 years, 11 months ago #2259

Too bad you're limiting yourself to $50. You aren't going to find a good gaming mouse for less in most cases. If it weren't for lack of drivers on the OS X side as of this posting I would suggest the R.A.T. 7 or R.A.T. 9. Customizable length, girth, palm/pinky rest positions, weight, and angling. Plus it has a high DPI setting for those pesky head shots.

Re:Best mouse to use? 12 years, 11 months ago #2260

I don't really game that much to need something that extreme. Right now all I have installed is Half Life 2 + episodes, Portal 1 + 2, and Plants Vs. Zombies.

Re:Best mouse to use? 12 years, 11 months ago #2266

I wouldn't call it that "extreme". Once you set it up to your liking, it'll probably be more comfortable than any other mouse you've ever used. Just needs proper OS X drivers and/or full USB Overdrive support.

Re:Best mouse to use? 12 years, 11 months ago #2268

I just looked at the R.A.T. 9 and it's not even close to what I'm looking for. It's wireless, doesn't have the number of buttons I want, and specializes in something I only do casually. I don't need a button that will increase the sensitivity, I want a button for Page Up, Page down, Back or Forward in a web browser, and another for Expose.

Re:Best mouse to use? 12 years, 11 months ago #2270

I was actually suggesting the R.A.T. 7, not the 9. And it has buttons you can use for F/B. I'm pretty sure the middle wheel can be clicked at the very least for an Expose button. Not sure if the wheel has side to side though. However, if you're that desparate for buttons, may I suggest the Razer Naga? You'll never run out of buttons again. Ever.

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds