Welcome, Guest
Issue with Youtube in Safari
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Issue with Youtube in Safari

Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2133

Hi guys,

Long time no post.

So I have been having a peculiar issue with my laptop lately. On Safari 5.0.3 with the latest version of flash, youtube videos do not play. The reason this is so peculiar is that this only happens when on the youtube website. When I click on an embedded video on say Kotaku or Joystiq the video plays fine.

Similar sites such as Vimeo don't give me this problem either. I deleted the cache, cookies, reverted, uninstalled, and reinstalled but to no avail I can't get youtube to work. There has been only one fix that has which was to enroll in the html5 program, but its chuggy and not very practical.

Any suggestions? The other user on my computer is also afflicted.

Thanks

Re:Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2134

Use Firefox?

Re:Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2135

Do you use the ClickToFlash extension?

I do and have this problem on some websites until I whitelist, or right click on the videos and choose reload in Flash.

Re:Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2136

No ClickToFlash, that and right clicking on videos doesn't bring up any dialogue boxes for me.

haha dickmedd. If I had a choice I'd use chrome when it becomes more full featured. I am continually impressed by that scrapster.

Re:Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2137

Safari is HTML5 ready, so why not use the YouTube HTML5 version instead? That way, you can go completely around using Flash whatsoever on YouTube only.

www.youtube.com/html5/

Re:Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2139

I appreciate the suggestion but I already mentioned in the original post I tried html5. It worked but the loading and searching left a lot to be desired. Ultimately I'm not trying to find a workaround so much as I'm trying to fix the issue.

Thanks everyone so far.

Any other ideas?

Re:Issue with Youtube in Safari 13 years, 1 month ago #2143

I'm a big fan of the ClickToFlash extension for Safari 5. It lets me view YouTube videos with the QuickTime plugin instead of Flash. And it's getting more full-featured all the time. Plus it blocks all kinds of annoying Flash objects.

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds