Welcome, Guest
Epic Citadel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Epic Citadel

Epic Citadel 13 years, 7 months ago #1544

WOW.

Check out this awesome free tech demo of the Unreal Engine 3 on iPhone/iTouch/iPad.

If you've got an iPhone 4 or are getting the upcoming iPod Touch with retina display, this looks amazing! Not sure if it'll look the same on older devices but I'm just stunned by this!

Re:Epic Citadel 13 years, 7 months ago #1548

I agree, it's simply impressive. More info (in case you missed it):

Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by Niemann.

Re:Epic Citadel 13 years, 7 months ago #1560

If they put Unreal Tournament on there, I would be SO happy. I love that series. I hope the iPhone 4 comes to Verizon in January, like it's supposed to, so I can buy it.

Re:Epic Citadel 13 years, 7 months ago #1562

For comparison's sake:

The trick now is coming up with a game that can be enjoyed on the touch interface and small screen of the iPhone/iPod Touch (without the awkward controls of most 3D games released on the platform up to this point).
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by mossy_11.

Re:Epic Citadel 13 years, 7 months ago #1567

I like the option I have in Epic Citadel to either tap where i want to go (like a mouse-click on Diablo) and then swipe to look or use the two onscreen move/look controls, the former was the most comfortable and the latter was useful for finer movements.

Another game that I've enjoyed controlling recently is the gyro-update of NOVA. Both that and Epic Citadel have given me more faith in the controls of future high-end iPhone game, hopefully bringing them more into the fore now everyone's had enough of touch/tilt mini-games.

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds