Welcome, Guest
OS X App Recommendations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: OS X App Recommendations

Re:OS X App Recommendations 13 years, 8 months ago #1526

Ah thanks, great
Now Adium needs to finally squash that stupid bug. After going back from digital surround to stereo while Adium is running results in a freeze for some seconds when a sound wants to be played (it won't be played then)

Re:OS X App Recommendations 13 years, 8 months ago #1527

Senuti- rips music from iPods
Warmonger- refreshes WC3 custom games.
Camouflage- hides icons on desktop (Some people actually like seeing their backgrounds.)
Supertux- free and awesome game (Everyone in school plays it.)
Wondershare Video Converter- great converter (It wasn't too expensive and it can convert to/from many media types.)

Re:OS X App Recommendations 13 years ago #2253

For those interested in live streaming/recording A/V:

Audio Hijack Pro: Excellent and simple piece of software that can take control of individual or all audio sources. You can add effects, voiceover, and my personal favorite, use it as a mixer in order to change and monitor audio levels. To top it off, it's only $32, and the free trial is fully functional. It just adds some extra noise for sessions longer than 10 minutes.
CamTwist: A virtual camera that can capture and route video from various sources, including your desktop. You can overlay various special effects to your video, maintain different sources and combine them for a real studio-like presentation. The best part is that it's compatible with many other pieces of software that receive video input. My favorite feature is the option to "confine" your desktop capture to a specific application, meaning you can move Spaces or other windows over the selected region and they won't be captured. Did I mention it's free? No? Well, it's free.
Wirecast: Professional streaming software. It's pretty expensive, but very easy to use and has a ton of features. Considered one of the best in the market. Works great with CamTwist.
Flash Media Live Encoder: A free alternative for streaming. Not as featured as Wirecast, but it can do basic things just fine. Also works with CamTwist.

Time to create page: 0.16 seconds