Welcome, Guest
Steam OS X Finally Available!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Steam OS X Finally Available!

Steam OS X Finally Available! 13 years, 11 months ago #928

Anyone got it downloaded yet? I've got it and am currently in the process of downloading Portal (free to play until the 24th of free to donwnload? I'm not sure!) The download rates are really slow and it's hard to even get on the servers at the moment!

I'm pretty certain this won't run on my X3100 Black Macbook but I'm willing to give it a go given what I've been able to run in the past!

Let us know how you all get on!

EDIT: Apologies for all of the exclamation marks, reading back that sounds far too excitable.
Last Edit: 13 years, 11 months ago by dickmedd.

Re:Steam OS X Finally Available! 13 years, 11 months ago #929

I downloaded it without a hitch! I bought Torchlight, but haven't installed it yet. I will once I'm back on a decent Internet connection, and I'll be sure to give Portal a download, too. It's a great day for Mac gamers.

Re:Steam OS X Finally Available! 13 years, 11 months ago #930

Of course I'm getting Portal for Mac. I got to see what this Hackintosh is capable of. If you want to add my name, it's "nobleoccum".

Re:Steam OS X Finally Available! 13 years, 11 months ago #932

Thought the free portal merited its own plug-thread. For reference, my actual paid portal license, while purchased years ago for PC, is letting me do a Mac install no problem. Well, no problem short of the servers being jammed for some odd reason XD

Commander Keen... not so much

Although it did take me some exploring to get out of the store and into my actual-obtained-licenses section.

Re:Steam OS X Finally Available! 13 years, 11 months ago #933

The Mac client seems a little buggy, and the non-native UI is not nice to use in OS X. But there are more games than I expected. If I had some money I might buy something.

I was surprised that I remembered my password -- I registered an account ages ago and never did anything with it.

Should we create a MacScene group?

Re:Steam OS X Finally Available! 13 years, 11 months ago #939

Eh, I didn't mind the UI. It's not like they used the stock Windows UI in Windows either. THe camera seems a bit flaky at times in the hl2 engine, but other than that, no problems so far.

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds