(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4598

There are cheat codes???? WTF I never knew
The following user(s) said Thank You: jetboy

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4599

menace690 wrote:
What!!!!! Thank you.. god i owe you a day of rollercoasters

No worries. There are only five levels right now but it’s relatively straightforward to add more — if and when the game starts selling in any quantity I’ll do that.

All of my remakes have cheat codes. That’s part of the fun

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4600

Richard talked about the cheat codes (among other things) and how to find them in the interview I did with him on my podcast last year.

lifeandtimes.games/episodes/files/interview-richard-bannister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Bannister, jetboy

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4601

FWIW, if you have an opportunity to help me promote these games on social media or elsewhere, then I'd really appreciate the help. In particular, please invite anyone you think might be interested to like this page:

www.facebook.com/RetroGamesForMac

This link can also be distributed far and wide:

www.retrogamesformac.com/

Thank you in advance.

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4602

Separately, I've started working on iOS ports of some of these games.

I've yet to decide if I'll do them all, but Fascinating Fruit is available now:

apps.apple.com/ie/app/fascinating-fruit/id1519244773?mt=12

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4603

Love it - thanks for the games RB and the podcast's great!

I've had some good luck during COVID (rather oddly got a promotion) so I've shared some love by purchasing these games + Emulator Enhancer. It's a really good deal (quality games) and I've been putting off registering EE for ages so it's good to get that done.

Random note... I've been restoring an old theme-park gondola that I scored during WFH period (see imgur.com/a/glq14yG). For a few weeks my 'lunch' has involved going out to fiddle with it. Not sure what it's gonna end up as but right now it's a good place to bring a glass of red and a book (or my Game Gear and a few carts). My son also uses it as a cubby house
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by jetboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Bannister

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years, 2 months ago #4604

Thank you for the support – really appreciate it

Gondola looks cool. One of these days I'd like to have something similar, but it's a bit hard to fit in an apartment!

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 3 years ago #4606

All twenty-six titles are now available for iPhone and iPad:

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 2 years, 10 months ago #4613

Game collection is now complete with the release of Ancient Tails, title number 30.

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 2 years, 10 months ago #4614

Purchased. Thanks for bringing back some really fond memories
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Bannister

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 2 years, 9 months ago #4618

Thank you to everyone who has (and who continues to) support my Retro Games projects. I really appreciate the support.

It has been an interesting journey. They are not yet profitable, nor are they likely to be in the foreseeable future unless there's a rapid increase in sales, but it's been fun to get my hands dirty with programming again.

Since then, I've worked on a few more things:

- All my emulators are now native on Apple Silicon. This makes little practical difference to the average user as all were capable of exceeding 100% in Rosetta, but I guess it's maybe handy if you want to play BSNES at 160fps?

- I've created a Solitaire/FreeCell game for macOS and iOS that I'm rather proud of. The number of units since launch a week ago is very encouraging. Who knew that the market for card games is bigger than the market for remakes?

Re: Cosmic Frontier: Override is on Kickstarter 2 years, 8 months ago #4619

Richard Bannister wrote:

- I've created a Solitaire/FreeCell game for macOS and iOS that I'm rather proud of. The number of units since launch a week ago is very encouraging. Who knew that the market for card games is bigger than the market for remakes?

I'm always amazed at how there seems to be an endless appetite for good solitaire card games. I was actually talking to Graeme Devine (7th Guest co-creator, id Software alum) a few weeks ago and he mentioned to me that his Full Deck Solitaire games have probably reached more people than any of the big-name games he's worked on in his career.

Speaking of which, he wrote the foreword for the upcoming Expanded Edition of The Secret History of Mac Gaming, published by Bitmap Books. It'll be out around the end of this year, with a bunch of new content added to three or four chapters plus some other new stuff.

And I suppose I should mention my big project right now: I'm writer and co-producer on CreatorVC's upcoming First Person Shooter documentary. They previously made the excellent In Search of Darkness films (about 1980s horror movies) and are now branching out into games. We're on Kickstarter right now (already up to around 150% funded in less than a week) and we have the. most. incredible lineup of interviews confirmed. I knew we'd get Romero and Joe Staten and Tom Hall and Scott Miller, but we've also confirmed Cliff Bleszinski, Warren Spector, Randy Pitchford, Bonnie Ross, Seamus Blackley, and loads of other big-name devs. (Still trying to get Jason Jones, though.)

Time to create page: 0.17 seconds