Welcome, Guest
The Longest Journey (Remastered) released for iOS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The Longest Journey (Remastered) released for iOS

The Longest Journey (Remastered) released for iOS 9 years, 5 months ago #3991

While not Mac related, I see myself as a retro gamer. IMO iOS is a very good retro gaming platform because it has allowed 'retro' game studios to remaster their old stories (which IMO kick the bum outta many new stories) and make decent coin out of them.

TLJ is one of my favourites and sorta cMe from nowhere. Dreamfall Chapters was released last week (unfortunately my i7 laptop with 8gb RAM and a 330m in it is too slow for it at present) but TLJ caught me by surprise. It adds another jewel to the iOS library which now contains the likes of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Beneath a Steel Sky and others (Sonic... Golden Axe... unfortunately not Landstalker! I wish they'd remaster it and release a REAL sequel, however I fear that will never happen).

IMO TLJ doesn't disappoint. The graphics were always old but artistic. Painted 2D backgrounds (and I mean painted!!!) with 3D models. Beauty and magic are two things that I associate with this series and I'm happy that I can now play TLJ fullscreen on iOS (rather than in a TIIIINY little window in the centre of my MBP's screen). Additionally Tornquist has added his own words/extras to it which are quite cool given how creative him and his team are.

I remember having a wikipedia edit war a few years back. Many people said 'no, Dreamfall's sequel is vapourware... it will never happen, stop trolling the edits by quoting Tornqists interviews/tweets where he says it's a priority... it's NOT and you are delusional'. Not only is Chapters a reality, but TLJ (and possibly Dreamfall one day) are now on iOS!!! Great to see that retro gaming is alive and well on iOS.
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by jetboy.

Re: The Longest Journey (Remastered) released for iOS 9 years, 5 months ago #3992

iTunes link (maybe, not available in the US)
itunes.apple.com/us/app/longest-journey-remastered/id588470809
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by menace690.

Re: The Longest Journey (Remastered) released for iOS 9 years, 5 months ago #3993

Removed and edited above comment
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by menace690.

Re: The Longest Journey (Remastered) released for iOS 9 years, 4 months ago #3994

menace690 wrote:
iTunes link (maybe, not available in the US)
itunes.apple.com/us/app/longest-journey-remastered/id588470809

Apoligies, yes I just downloaded it without thinking. Have later found out it is only in Australia/New Zealand for now. Weird!! We never get things first and Tornquist is from Norway so has no connection with our part of the world. Oh well, not gonna complain!!

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds