Welcome, Guest
Continue Magazine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Continue Magazine

Continue Magazine 11 years, 1 month ago #3708

My favourite games mag, the excellent quarterly(ish) Continue Magazine, needs funding for another year, and they desperately need help reaching the target. With 10 days left, it's still more than £40,000 short.

It's top-drawer journalism on all forms of gaming — board games, video games, card games, alternate-reality games, and so on. The first three issues were fantastic, and the third one is available free at the moment.

If you want to see more good games journalism, you could do a lot worse than backing their Kickstarter and telling your friends about it. I'd certainly be sad, both personally as a fan of long-form writing and professionally as a writer of in-depth features/stories, if it were to fall by the wayside.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1080471454/continue-magazine
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by mossy_11. Reason: spelling

Re: Continue Magazine 11 years, 1 month ago #3709

Never heard of it until I read your post. Looks very interesting, but the fact that there are only 3 days left and they only raised 3.700 of their 50.000 goal doesn't seem very promising. :/

Re: Continue Magazine 11 years, 1 month ago #3710

Indeed. They've had a huge problem getting attention — particularly in the US. Which is weird, since the editor comes from the fabled PC Zone and the contributors thus far have been established games journos.

I guess there might be an element of Kickstarter fatigue amongst the press who would otherwise jump to tell their readers about this.

Anyway, word is that they're hoping to hit around £10,000 so that at least they know a new campaign for a single issue might be viable.

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds