Welcome, Guest
Gamepad Help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Gamepad Help

Gamepad Help 11 years, 6 months ago #3507

I dug out my old SNES controller and USB adapter to play some classic games, and I can't seem to get it to work. Nestopia and SNES9X act like I'm not pressing any buttons when trying to configure the controller.

I tested the controller on Windows, and it works fine. The controller shows up fine on the Mac's System Profiler. Mednafen recognizes it as a controller (I think it uses SDL for input anyways), I just haven't configured it yet.

Isn't there some framework you have to have in order to use controllers with these emulators? Not sure, just throwing ideas out there.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by Squirrel.

Re: Gamepad Help 11 years, 6 months ago #3508

Nevermind. Thanks to Mednafen acting weird, I figured out there was a stuck button. Why it was stuck every time I connected it beforehand, I dunno, but whatever.

Re: Gamepad Help 11 years, 6 months ago #3509

This sounds similar to what happens to me if I start up my WoW and exit before I realize that my gamepad is connected. You see, for some reason, when initially connecting gamepads, especially those with analog axes, you need to start up a game that recognizes the pad (in my case WoW), and on the dpad do a circular motion a few times, and press all other buttons a few times, and then the system finally sees the x-y "range" for each button press and voila, no more stuck button.

Until you do so, you'll end up with a gamepad connected whose buttons are sensed as being at one extreme or the other of the x-y button press range values and thus is "stuck".

Time to create page: 0.10 seconds