Welcome, Guest
Football Manager, one day at a time
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Football Manager, one day at a time

Football Manager, one day at a time 11 years, 11 months ago #3301

I started a new blogging experiment wherein I can only play one day of the game's internal timeline for each day of real life. fmonedayatatime.blogspot.com/

The game in question? Football Manager 2012, which has sucked up way too much of my time and might as well be turned into something productive.

You can (hopefully) expect my usual blend of accessible writing, experiential narrative, observational humour, and tight analysis. If you do read it, I'd love to know what you think (of the writing/execution in general as well as the concept).

Re: Football Manager, one day at a time 11 years, 11 months ago #3304

Pretty cool idea, I'll definitely be following your progress. I haven't actually played a manager sim since the 90s but a lot of my friends get seriously absorbed by them.

I'm interested as to why you picked the Imps? I know a tiny bit about them as I used to know a few Lincoln fans and I've actually been to see them in the past. Additionally, one of their former board members is now the chairman of the team I support: Notts County (he bought the club for £1 following a dreadful financial disaster).

Strangely enough, one of my Dad's friends (and former employees) is a real-life manager in the same league as Lincoln, it'll be interesting to see how your day to day experiences compare.

Finally, John Nutter was the name of letting agent I had to deal with last year. That's not the sort of name you expect to hear more than once in your life!

Re: Football Manager, one day at a time 11 years, 11 months ago #3305

Actually, I was having trouble picking a team, so I just clicked on the random button until I got a lower league professional English team.

I'm very curious what the real-life job of a Blue Square Premier (I miss the days when it was just called the Conference League) is like. I hope you'll drop the occasional comment on how the two compare.

By the way, if you (this goes to everyone) like this blogging experiment, please tell people about it—more attention and traffic will encourage me not only to keep going but also to look for ways to make it better/more entertaining or interesting.

Re: Football Manager, one day at a time 11 years ago #3707

So I somehow managed to stick with this thing for an entire season, then polished it into an ebook — which is available here, if anyone's interested.

I'm rather pleased with how it all turned out, and I learnt lots about management sims and wish fulfilment in games.

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds