Welcome, Guest
NESGlovPhone?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: NESGlovPhone?

NESGlovPhone? 12 years ago #3278

Today, independent studio Psych Software announces the development of the first NES Power Glove software in 20 years. The (currently unreleased) technical demonstration appears to be able to engage the Power Glove's "high resolution" polling mode- the same used in "Power Glove series" titles Super Glove Ball and Bad Street Brawler. Details remain vague, but the project appears to be focused on using the Power Glove to play the NES sound chip as a musical instrument.

As no current emulators support the Power Glove, interested players will be required to obtain actual Power Glove hardware and a physical cartridge for play on a real NES.

No mention is being made of a release date, but progress is expected by Summer 2012.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 12 years ago by seanstar.

Re: NESGlovPhone? 12 years ago #3279

What day is today? Yeah...

Re: NESGlovPhone? 12 years ago #3308

Squirrel wrote:
What day is today?

The right one for messing with people
http://www.psychsoftware.org/stuff/temp/Lotus_(practice)_lowQ.mov
www.psychsoftware.org/stuff/temp/FunWithDutyCycles.mov
Last Edit: 12 years ago by seanstar.

Re: NESGlovPhone? 11 years, 10 months ago #3387

Nesglovphone is now formally available. Grab a copy at www.psychsoftware.org/digital.html
Mostly-suitable devcarts are available at retrousb.com ; I can't help you with getting an actual glove.
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by seanstar.

Re: NESGlovPhone? 11 years, 10 months ago #3388

That link gives a 404 error. It should be psychsoftware.org/digital.html

If I had a PowerGlove, I'd be interested in checking this thing out. (But I don't.)

Re: NESGlovPhone? 10 years, 9 months ago #3762

No big celebration, but I have dropped an update in the past month-ish. Nesglovphone 1.3 is now capable of playing chords, albeit indirectly. Details on youtube.

Time to create page: 0.13 seconds