Welcome, Guest
Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day

Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day 12 years ago #3267

Okay, I've got loads of these up my sleeve, I thought they'd be fun to share. For my first contribution, here's something I just found out:

Goldeneye Spectrum Emulator

Re: Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day 12 years ago #3269

Hwaaa? That sounds kinda sick. I was never much in to Goldeneye or the Spectrum, but I'm impressed with the concept

Re: Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day 12 years ago #3271

Today's offering is from one of my all-time favourites. A little-known minigame tucked away in Shenmue II is the bizarre duck race. While the concept itself is crazy enough, the weirdest part is that when Ryo catches his own duck, it gets its own subtitles (skip to about 4:30 in the video):

Last Edit: 12 years ago by dickmedd.

Re: Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day 11 years, 12 months ago #3276

This one really took me surprise when I first saw it, especially given that I was in the flat on my own at the time and couldn't shout anyone to the TV to make sure I wasn't going completely mad.

While Metal Gear is probably the ultimate series for mysterious happenings, cheeky easter eggs and bizarre fourth wall breaking occurrences, this moment in MGS3 is quite difficult to come across. This one happens if you save and reload your game at a very particular point (just after an autosave, funnily enough) making it a slightly unsettling experience if you're not expecting it:

Last Edit: 11 years, 12 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day 11 years, 12 months ago #3283

Anyone else got any of these to report?

Re: Weird Video Game Thing Of The Day 11 years, 11 months ago #3294

The first post reminded me of a story I read a while back of the accidental mini game being published in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which was not intended to be released in the game because of its graphic content (too graphic for GTA?), which led to it being inaccessible until some people browsing the file directories revealed this sex minigame called 'Hot Coffee.'

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds