Welcome, Guest
Console Mods
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Console Mods

Console Mods 12 years, 7 months ago #2533

I spotted this on Slashdot earlier and it got me thinking about some of the best console mods I've ever seen. I recently posted a video of that guy who made a tiny arcade cabinet out of a GBA SP on the Youtube thread and I also love this N64 handheld made from a GBA case. Oh and the NES built into a trainer (sneaker).

Anyone else like console mods? I'm not great with electronics or any of the other skills required so I've never tried. I've felt like suggesting to some of the places that run tech starter courses in my area that they run something related to this, I'd love to have a personal variation of a classic

Re:Console Mods 12 years, 7 months ago #2534

I did one a while back as a joke FWIW:

Check out this site for more details.

I remember this originated because an IDIOT friend wanted to stuff lots of consoles into a PC box (for no real reason) so me and a friend claimed to have done it. My favourite is the screenshot we made of the box being able to work as an iPod 1G (this was around the time when everybody was telling me my iPod s*cked and was a complete failure that would bankrupt apple.)

---

Anyway nostalgia trip + joke = my attempt at a fake console mod.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by jetboy.

Re:Console Mods 12 years, 7 months ago #2535

I don't like tearing up hardware, particularly nostalgic pieces, but I have done a few subtle mods to increase functionality- region-modded my Nomad and a genesis or two, applied a kit-mod to add A/V out to my first GBA, and most recently followed an online hack to add A/V out to a top-loader NES. Also tore-down/rebuilt a couple portable computers and a few Game Gears a couple times for various reasons.

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds