Welcome, Guest
Today is a sad day...the sale of my MAME cabinet
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Today is a sad day...the sale of my MAME cabinet

Today is a sad day...the sale of my MAME cabinet 13 years ago #2187

Yes yes the day has come after 10 long years with loving attention I had to sell her. I have remorse but a big medical bill that needed to be paid off. Have any of you ever had to get rid of something in your gaming collection that you didn't want to? How did you deal with it after? Did you buy or build another later on? *sigh* I did get a fair price though.

Re:Today is a sad day...the sale of my MAME cabinet 13 years ago #2188

I sell lots of arcade machines so I guess getting rid of them means nothing now. There is just one machine I can't bare to let go... it is stored away in a safe place and never gets used. I wouldn't get much if I sold it anyway.

Hmmm other things it is/was difficult getting rid of:
- My handheld machines (GameGear, Nomad, Wonderswan, Neo Pocket.)
- AmigaCD 32 (Mainly because there's no emu where I can just stick my games in and play.)
- Amiga 2000 (Many great gaming memories... thousands of pirated games from an electrician who came around when I was a kid and said "ooooooooh you have an Amiga?!?!?!? I'll copy heaps of games for you mate!!!!)
- Bondi iMac (Mum's friend borrowed it and broke it... now it just gets an orange light when I try booting it up. No idea what he did!)

MAME machines I have little sympathy for because most are just old PC's shoved into arcade cabinets. I can always replace an old PC and find a cabinet somewhere at minimal cost. Being Australian I'm very lucky regarding monitors because ooooold Aussie TVs (that I collect from the side of the road) are the same as arcade monitors (randomly.) So I guess that's how I deal with it... most things can be replaced, if anything, selling a cabinet I have made motivates me to do it again (and do it better.)

Time to create page: 0.11 seconds