Welcome, Guest
Your First ...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Your First ...

Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1751

Kind of curious of a what people remember being their first (blank). (Fill in the blank with below)

1. Game/Console they played
2. Game they beat
3. Game they purchased themselves
4. Console they purchased themselves
5. First game you stayed up all night to play
Edit:
6. First console you were jealous of:
7. Console you were most jealous of:

Fell free to add more questions!!! I will edit and add above

1. Punch-Out for Nintendo
2. MegaMan 2
3. Mega Man 5
4. Nintendo 64 (With Pilot Wings AND Mario 64)
5. Final Fantasy III

Edit
6. Nintendo. I didnt get one for 2 years of playing my friends
7. Super Nintendo. My babysitter had one and Super Mario World alone made me want and wish. I remember getting a globe for christmas in what I thought was the super nintendo box. Talk about disappointment.
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by menace690.

Re:Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1752

1. Super Mario Bros. - NES
2. Golden Axe - Megadrive
3. Sonic 2?
4. PS2 - which is hard to believe when I think back, I did rather well up until then on Christmas/birthdays it seems.
5. I can't remember the exact first but Perfect Dark and Ocarina Of Time definitely have given me the most game induced insomnia, even very recently!

6. First console I was jealous of someone having: My friend's N64 when I still was playing Megadrive!
Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by dickmedd.

Re:Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1754

1. Pacman on an Arcademachine
2. Not sure if it counts, but it would be Donald Duck's Playground on the C64. I filled all the gaps... The first "real" game I can remember beating is Super Mario Land.
3. Do pack-in's count? Then it's Tetris, otherwise it would be Super Mario Land.
4. PlayStation 1
5. The Secret of Monkey Island
6. I was jealous of a friend who got this new videogame thing, i think it was called a NES. when i finally got mine, the same friend got his super nintendo a short time later...

Re:Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1755

1. Arcade: Don't recall/Console: Colecovision
2. SMB 1
3. *blink blink don't remember*
4. SNES
5. River Raid (CV), Pretty much any game I got I stayed up all night playing till it was done.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /var/www/macscene/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.bbcode.php on line 209

Re:Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1756

1. Pac Man; Atari 2600
2. If you count "flipping the counter" on the original 8-bit systems like the 2600, Yar's Revenge. Otherwise SMB1.
3. ActRaiser
4. SNES
5. 7th Saga (Stayed up three days in a row, only stopping for the obligatory pump'n'dump breaks, eating whilr playing. I beat this in the span of the original 3 day rental period from Blockbuster using Lux and Esuna. Most other games I beat in less than a few hours (examples: Zelda 2 [6 hours], SMB3 [ 2 hours ], Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, 3 [3, 4, 7 hours respectively]

Special Achievement: On a whim I hooked my NES up to my stereo in my room, fired up Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, and entered my password. I then proceeded to turn off the TV leaving the stereo on. Using memory only (and a lot of deaths at the rivers with moving blocks), I beat the game using the final password I obtained during my normal play, utlizing sound only as a navigation tool. I dare you to try this.

Edit: The "achievement" was done back in '90 when there was no such thing as an NES emulator or internet for strat guides.

And goddamn typing with broken finger sucks goat nads...have to edit my life away.
Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by Squishy Tia.

Re: Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1757

1. Donkey Kong Classics - NES
2. Probably Donkey Kong Jr.
3. ?
4. N64
5. Pilotwings 64

Re: Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1758

1. Probably StickyBears, ReaderRabbit, or whatever the math edutainment with an alien was on the AppleII lab at my pre-k. Holy crap... what the heck was a pre-k doing with a computer lab in '89?!
2. With GameGenie... probably MegaMan II for GameBoy. Without, probably Kirby's Dreamland or Bonk's Revenge (GameBoy)
3. the one that comes to mind is Escape Velocity- that was at least the first shareware I registered
4. NES (after owning Genesis, SNES and PS1...)
5. can't remember any memorable all-nighters, but Final Fantasy III (VI) was the first that stands out as getting me in trouble for not being able to leave on demand

Re:Your First ... 13 years, 6 months ago #1759

1. Atari 2600 - I don't remember my first game, but the game I remember most vividly is ET.
2. Super Mario World
3. I think it was Donkey Kong Country - Game Boy Color
4. GP2X F200
5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6. I was jealous of my cousin for having a Genesis even though I liked SNES better.
Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by domdec314.

Time to create page: 0.15 seconds