Welcome, Guest
R3play Expo
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: R3play Expo

R3play Expo 13 years, 7 months ago #1379

Well it's official, the geekiest thing I've now done in my life is purchase tickets to go to an arcade and retro video game expo this November! I'm quite looking forward to it, it's a birthday present for my girlfriend which means I'll no doubt be cracking the wallet out for every trader she walks past but it'll be nice to see such a large quantity of retro gaming gear on display. I doubt I'll be entering any of the competitive events mind. I do get the feeling that it may be a bit like stepping into King of Kong or Chasing Ghosts!

Has anyone else ever been to anything like this? Is anyone from the UK going to R3play?

R3play - The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by dickmedd.

Re: R3play Expo 13 years, 7 months ago #1380

That looks very cool.

I went to Game On when it was in Melbourne a couple of years ago. It was great fun checking out all the old games they had on display, running on their original systems, and walking through the exhibition to see just how much games have evolved over the years.

I've never been to any of these hire-an-exhibition-centre-for-a-couple-of-days type retro gaming expos, though.

Re:R3play Expo 13 years, 7 months ago #1381

Interesting. The older I get the more I realize that I relate more to "retro" games much better then newer games for current systems. I don't really know what it is, but most games now I really don't care for, besides a few franchises that are always good(Zelda, Resident Evil, Blizzard Games ect...). Being a child of 90's the SNES brings back lots of nostalgia from the better days of gaming. Does anyone if there is a similar expo that occurs is America? Also, does anyone know of good retro websites? Most that I have come across aren't very thorough or have a lot of content that I feel there should/could be.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by DookieMan.

Re:R3play Expo 13 years, 7 months ago #1383

Peter wrote:
Also, does anyone know of good retro websites? Most that I have come across aren't very thorough or have a lot of content that I feel there should/could be.

I go to Racketboy for some brief but concise retro info every once in a while. Good for breakdowns on games and history etc.

Time to create page: 0.10 seconds