Welcome, Guest
Valkyrie Profile & PS2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Valkyrie Profile & PS2

Valkyrie Profile & PS2 13 years, 10 months ago #1008

Anyone know if there are standing incompatibilities between the two? I know Grandia sometimes locks up after battles on PS2 when it doesn't on PS1. I tried VP on PS2, got as far as the room with the first save point in the game (some sound skipping in the process), and the next room the game goes into a disc ReTry loop. I had the disc repolished, now it shows ReTry when I try to open the menu. Ripping the disc to bin/cue and playing it on zeroPSX works fine... I might be willing to pop for a used PS1 rather than the ongoing Mac PS1 emulation growing pains if anyone can vouch that the PS2 is in fact the problem.

Re:Valkyrie Profile & PS2 13 years, 10 months ago #1009

Did you check the checksums of your BINs on redump.org?

Disc 1: redump.org/disc/655/

Disc 2: redump.org/disc/656/

I've got Valkyrie Profile, and I can verify that the checksums they have are correct since my discs are basically mint.

I haven't played it on a PS2 though. It's been years since I've played it, and I only recently repurchased it (original was stolen . . . ).

I'd test it for you, but I'm not going to be at home for the next two months.

I can look into it in August when I get back.

Hope this helps!

Re:Valkyrie Profile & PS2 13 years, 10 months ago #1010

I ripped my own discs, and the rips play fine emulated so far as I've tried. It's the discs themselves that my PS2 is choking on, and I'd kinda like to play on console rather than emulation if I can.

Time to create page: 0.10 seconds