Welcome, Guest
Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages?

Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages? 13 years, 10 months ago #980

Hi,

I'd like to record some gameplay footage of classic Nintendo games using Nestopia (1.4.1) and BSNES (0.5.0), but one thing that is bothering me is, that I can't turn off those white message-boxes after doing something like Frosting/Defrosting savestates, Rewinding or simply Resetting Emulation.

At least I couldn't find something in the Preferences. If anybody has a clue, I'd really appreciate it.
Last Edit: 13 years, 10 months ago by Mungo.

Re:Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages? 13 years, 10 months ago #988

If anyone's interested, I've recieved an email from Richard, saying that "There's no way to do that at the moment though [he]'ll add it as an option in the next update."

Thanks for replying so quickly, that's excellent!

Re:Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages? 13 years, 10 months ago #990

Thanks for posting that, I was watching this to see if anyone had a response. I've been interested in gameplay screen savers / animated desktop for a while. High resolution videos might be the way to go, and this means I'm one step closer. Thanks.

Re:Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages? 13 years, 9 months ago #1046

I've recieved another reply from Richard last night:

Aargh, and when I looked this up, I realised that I'd done so years ago when someone else asked... it's in the current release.

You need to use a text editor to modify the preferences file (com.bannister.emulator.plist) - and change the value Core::Video::DisplayPlacards to no instead of yes.

Re:Disabling Nestopia & BSNES Emulator Messages? 13 years, 9 months ago #1125

I am SO text clipping this tip. Having those blocks remain onscreen like that in the heat of battle can kill you (and has for me).

I wouldn't mind truncated boxes much though - such as "F" for Freeze, "D" for Defrost, etc. But I'm not gonna bug Richard about that when I have a tip to disable them completely already. I wish he could figure out why GCC4.4 doesn't like his OS setup. Sure would make life a lot easier for him if he could overcome that hurdle.

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds