Welcome, Guest
Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #660

Can't map the buttons for the life of me. The numbers in the input config file don't correspond to the ones on the controller. My pads buttons are numbered and those numbers match the ones shown in the joystick and gamepad tester, I've mapped every button to at least something and only four of them work and not in the places I put them.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #683

Jabba wrote:
Can't map the buttons for the life of me. The numbers in the input config file don't correspond to the ones on the controller. My pads buttons are numbered and those numbers match the ones shown in the joystick and gamepad tester, I've mapped every button to at least something and only four of them work and not in the places I put them.

What gamepad are you using? I also found that the button numbers in the InputAutoCfg.ini file were different from the ones Joystick and Gamepad Tester picked up. I have this configuration working really well with a PlayStation 3 controller:
[Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]
[OSX: PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogDeadzone = 4096,4096
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = hat(0 Right)
DPad L = hat(0 Left)
DPad D = hat(0 Down)
DPad U = hat(0 Up)
Start = button(9)
Z Trig = button(4)
B Button = button(3)
A Button = button(2)
C Button R = axis(2+)
C Button L = axis(2-)
C Button D = axis(3+)
C Button U = axis(3-)
R Trig = button(8)
L Trig = button(7)
Mempak switch = 
Rumblepak switch = 
X Axis = axis(0-,0+)
Y Axis = axis(1-,1+)

The C buttons are mapped to the left analog stick, the Z button is L2 (close to the N64 controller feel), A and B are Cross and Square, and so on. Trial-and-error might be the best way to find a working configuration, unfortunately.

If anyone else has the same gamepad as you, maybe they've come up with something that works for them.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #691

Ok, I got my pad working after loads of trial and error. Still, I can't get the full screen command to work, its annoying when i need to do something else and have to exit the app to do it. Anyone know if anyones working on getting the Hires to work with the Glide plugin? I wanna play some SSBHD!!

Also does anyone know how to change your hires textures? I'm using one set for OoT and I want to change it to another one, but when I load up the new pack It still loads the old one. Where does it copy the textures to? I can't find it.
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by Jabba.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #693

Jabba wrote:
Ok, I got my pad working after loads of trial and error. Still, I can't get the full screen command to work, its annoying when i need to do something else and have to exit the app to do it. Anyone know if anyones working on getting the Hires to work with the Glide plugin? I wanna play some SSBHD!!

Also does anyone know how to change your hires textures? I'm using one set for OoT and I want to change it to another one, but when I load up the new pack It still loads the old one. Where does it copy the textures to? I can't find it.

I find that the fullscreen toggle (Shift + Option + Return) only works with the Glide plugin for some reason. I can see the screen flicker when I run the command with the Rice plugin, but it stays windowed.

There might be some information on the Mupen64Plus page about hires textures with the Glide plugin. I have them working with Rice, but I can't see a way of getting them to work with Glide. If anyone can find one, let us know!

As far as I know, the Rice plugin looks for a hires texture folder that matches the name of the rom (you can find this in the Terminal output after "Core: Name:"). You could switch out a texture folder and switch one in of the same name. The hires texture folders are located in ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture. This Terminal code should open the folder for you:
open ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture

I couldn't help you with everything, but I hope this helps a bit! Let me know if you want me to add a button to open the textures folder in the launcher.
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #697

What are the chances of this getting a Sixtyforce style simple UI?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #699

SpeedofMac wrote:

I couldn't help you with everything, but I hope this helps a bit! Let me know if you want me to add a button to open the textures folder in the launcher.

That would be awesome! I been playing Zelda without a compass is a bitch, I cant seem to map my L button, I got one button that does multiple stuff so I just dont use it

I know glide runs a dream on windows, and Rice is a bit meh, I'll look into the documentation and see what I can get out of it.

I also get the same things with (Shift + Option + Return) as you.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #700

CrispyXUK wrote:

When I get a bit more time I'll see what I can do about implementing a preferences window and some menubar options.

Jabba wrote:
That would be awesome! I been playing Zelda without a compass is a bitch, I cant seem to map my L button, I got one button that does multiple stuff so I just dont use it

I know glide runs a dream on windows, and Rice is a bit meh, I'll look into the documentation and see what I can get out of it.

I also get the same things with (Shift + Option + Return) as you.

Trial-and-error is the best method I can come up with for getting the mappings correct. I have nicely working Logitech Dual Action and PS3 gamepad settings, and it took some fooling around to get them. If you find something interesting about the Glide plugin, let us know.

I added a button that opens the hires textures folder and I rearranged a few things. You can download the updated launcher at http://speedofmac.com/speedofmac_mp64+_launcher.html.
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #701

Im using some cheap crappy pad, lol. I lost my PS2-USB converter, might have a look for it, at least I can have analogue then. Theres no support for Glide textures yet, It would be good to get 1964Video working so I can run this sweet ass mod

Thanks for the additions.
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by Jabba.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #717

CrispyXUK wrote:

I took some time today to update the SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher to simplify it a bit and to add some more features, like a preferences window and a rom browser.
mupen_launcher.png

You can download it from http://speedofmac.com/speedofmac_mp64+_launcher.html.

I'm working on getting default settings working better than they are currently. If you have any suggestions, requests, or issues, let me know!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ConsoleEmu. Reason: Updated image

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #718

Awesome man! One feature I would like is to configure the plugin settings the same was we do the config file. Is there no way to do Rice settings?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #719

Jabba wrote:
Awesome man! One feature I would like is to configure the plugin settings the same was we do the config file. Is there no way to do Rice settings?

The Rice settings should be in the config file. If you don't see them under a "[Video-Rice]" header, you can install a config file containing the Rice settings under the Configuration menu item of the launcher. I've been trying to find out how to change the Glide video settings, and I'm not sure how to do that yet.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #720

Is it possible that you could package Mupen64 and your launcher together on your website?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #721

Peter wrote:
Is it possible that you could package Mupen64 and your launcher together on your website?

I hadn't thought of that. I've just uploaded a revamped launcher with the Mupen64Plus resources inside of it. Now, you don't have to install Mupen64Plus separately if you have the launcher. The launcher needs to be in your Applications folder to work properly, but I think that this is a pretty handy! You can grab it from http://www.speedofmac.com/speedofmac_mp64+_launcher.html.

Let me know if this works for you.
Last Edit: 14 years ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #722

Awesome work dude.

Any reason it has to be in the applications folder? It's a bit un-mac like if you know what I mean.

Any chance of a save location dialog box? I usual keep all my saves in my dropbox folder so they sync across all my computers.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #723

CrispyXUK wrote:
Awesome work dude.

Any reason it has to be in the applications folder? It's a bit un-mac like if you know what I mean.

Any chance of a save location dialog box? I usual keep all my saves in my dropbox folder so they sync across all my computers.

I'll look into saves, but I've uploaded a revised version of the launcher which doesn't need to be kept in the Applications folder. I wasn't sure how to get the application to reference itself, but I figured it out after reading a bit from the good folks at MacScripter.net.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #724

Sweet, is it easy enough to make a pad configuration dialog? Maybe you could steal one from PCSX reloaded ?

Anyways, want some icons for this shizzle?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #725

CrispyXUK wrote:
Sweet, is it easy enough to make a pad configuration dialog? Maybe you could steal one from PCSX reloaded ?

Anyways, want some icons for this shizzle?

I'm looking for all the help I can get. Icons would be great! I've been trying to find an easy way of setting up a gamepad config dialog, but it's well beyond my programming capabilities. This launcher is the first application I've thrown together, and I managed to do it only because AppleScript is easy to learn and Xcode is easy to use (both with some practice, of course).

When I get a bit more time I might be able to throw together something like this:
gamepad_dialogue_sketch.png

The "button" and "hatswitch" options would be from a drop-down menu, and so would "left", "right", and button numbers. It would take me a long time, I think, and users would still have to figure out which button numbers in the InputAutoCfg.ini file matched the buttons on their gamepads. If by the time I get some spare time a GUI with controller config options doesn't come out, I'll have to hack away and see what I can come up with.

If anyone has any idea on how to implement a controller config and wants to play with the launcher's source code, just let me know.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #730

Ok. So I opened up the InputAutoConfig Finally.. I don't have a controller to hook up to my mac, I have all codes put in for the buttons.. and d pad I think. What would I change to make my mouse the joystick?
Last Edit: 14 years ago by Justin Pfeifer.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years ago #737

Justin Pfeifer wrote:
Ok. So I opened up the InputAutoConfig Finally.. I don't have a controller to hook up to my mac, I have all codes put in for the buttons.. and d pad I think. What would I change to make my mouse the joystick?

I think all you have to do is change mouse = False to mouse = True in the [Keyboard] section of InputAutoCfg.ini. See http://www.emuwiki.com/index.php?title=M...us_Plugin_Parameters for more information. Does that work for you?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 10 months ago #1076

New controller problems >_< I'm using a Playstation 3 controller and its not picking it up. It reads in sixtyforce right away both through USB and bluetooth, but in Mupen I keep getting the controller is not connected. Tried messing with the InputAutoCfg.ini but alas, nothing happens.

Edit: Got it working I just removed the line [OSX: PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller]

Edit: Well it worked in Smash Bros, but not in Zelda, still no controller

Edit the third: I just noticed its recognising the pad in controller port 2 hence the why it works in one and not the other. Any ideas on a resolution despite the fact I might fix it in my next edit? lol
Last Edit: 13 years, 10 months ago by Jabba.

Time to create page: 0.27 seconds