Welcome, Guest
Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 2 months ago #566

I found a Windows front end here obviously useless to my life, but just came across this today.

GTK gui front end

emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=430366#post430366

Can anyone get it running on OS X?
Last Edit: 14 years, 2 months ago by Jabba.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 2 months ago #568

Jabba wrote:
I found a Windows front end here obviously useless to my life, but just came across this today.

GTK gui front end

emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=430366#post430366

Can anyone get it running on OS X?

I think that it's unfeasible to get it running on OS X. I don't think it can be ported to Linux or OS X, either. I threw together a little application today that might be of interest to you, though. It’s an application that lets you choose window resolution, whether to run fullscreen, and a button to open a rom file:

It isn't much compared to the Windows frontend, but I just learned how to make applications today.

It hasn't been tested on another computer yet, so I don't want to release it widely yet. E-mail me at info [at] speedofmac [dot] com if anyone's interested in trying it out!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #569

Sent you an email

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #570

Also sent you an email.

BTW, 1.99.3 seems to have dropped 7z support.

Does anyone know if that was based on the old GTK+ launcher or something that
was just left out of the MacOSX build?

Thanks!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #571

I think a lot of things have been street to help improve portability, or something along those lines and as far as I know no versions support it.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #577

Update on GUI:
icon-20100303.png

For any Snow Leopard users who are interested in a little GUI/launcher for Mupen64Plus 1.99.3, I've been working on a little something for you. You can check out speedofmac.com/speedofmac_mp64+_gui_test.html and below for more information.

Here are the features I've implemented so far:
  • Game launching
  • Save state choosing/saving/loading
  • Volume up/down
  • Choose default resolution
  • Choose default windowed/fullscreen
  • Enable/disable Rice hi-res textures
  • Select hi-res textures folder to add to Mupen64Plus
  • Select video plugin to open game with

I'm just learning how to build applications in Xcode with AppleScriptObjC, so features are pretty basic right now, and they could soon be obsoleted by an official Mupen64Plus GUI. I'm finding this little application to be pretty useful, though, and it opens up some functionality.

If you have any comments, questions, or problems, feel free to leave them on this blog page.

Happy gaming!

Note: if you don't have Snow Leopard, I can provide AppleScript codes for any key features you'd like to have, which you can then turn into AppleScript or Automator applications.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ConsoleEmu. Reason: New feature added

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #592

For any Leopard users looking for a bit of a frontend for Mupen64Plus, a guy named Mike came up with a handy AppleScript application to choose a video plugin and launch a game (posted at http://speedofmac.com/blog/testers-wanted-mp64-mac-gui/). I've tweaked the code to make the controller and mupen64plus config files open faster:
display dialog "What would you like to do today?" buttons {"Open N64 ROM", "Controller Config", "Mupen64Plus Config"}
copy the result as list to the menuChoice
if the menuChoice is {"Open N64 ROM"} then
	set romPath to choose file with prompt "Select a rom file to open (.n64, .v64, .z64)"
	set romFile to quoted form of (POSIX path of romPath)
	display dialog "Which plugin would you like to use?" buttons {"Glide", "Rice", "Arach"}
	copy the result as list to the pluginChoice
	tell application "Terminal" to activate
	tell application "System Events" to keystroke "cd /Applications/Mupen64Plus" & return
	tell application "System Events" to keystroke "./run_" & pluginChoice & ".sh " & romFile & return
else if the menuChoice is {"Controller Config"} then
	do shell script "open -a TextEdit /Applications/Mupen64Plus/mupen64plus.app/Contents/Resources/InputAutoCfg.ini"
else if the menuChoice is {"Mupen64Plus Config"} then
	do shell script "open -a TextEdit ~/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg"
end if

All you need to do is open AppleScript Editor, paste the above code into the window, Save As, choose "File Format -> Application", and you have a working game launcher and settings tweaker for Leopard.
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #612

For anyone who's interested, I've put up a new version of my MP64+ Launcher.

The most notable features are a video plugin selector and the ability to view, edit, and save your mupen64plus.cfg file from within the launcher. This way, you don't need to type "open -a TextEdit ~/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg" into Terminal and change the config file in TextEdit every time you want to change a setting.

You can check out the blog post on the updated launcher or the SpeedofMac MP64+ Launcher download page for more information.

Enjoy!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #617

Thanks, SpeedofMac!

I'm glad you added a video plugin selector!

I really appreciate your hard work making this new version of Mupen64Plus more useable.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #619

ReddestDream wrote:
Thanks, SpeedofMac!

I'm glad you added a video plugin selector!

I really appreciate your hard work making this new version of Mupen64Plus more useable.

You're very welcome! I'm glad that it's helping some people. If you can think of other features that you'd like to see, send them my way. This is my first ApplesScript Objective C project (first any kind of project!), but I'll do my best at implementing any features you can think of. Changing video resolutions while a rom is running requires a lot more know-how than I have, but there are some proper Mupen front-ends in the works that will take care of that for us!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #636

The new version works wonders. Any plans for controller mapping? Also what key do you press to come out of full screen mode? Do you think you can get an option to force widescreen? I was reading the config earlier and saw it was set to force native resolution or such.

Thanks for all the hard work, its really paying off!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #638

Jabba wrote:
The new version works wonders. Any plans for controller mapping? Also what key do you press to come out of full screen mode? Do you think you can get an option to force widescreen? I was reading the config earlier and saw it was set to force native resolution or such.

Thanks for all the hard work, its really paying off!

I'm happy to hear that my toiling isn't in vain! I'm happy that I've been able to throw something together with no coding experience other than some HTML. My thanks go out to the folks at MacScripter for their great tutorials and resources on making applications in AppleScriptObjC.

I think that the fullscreen toggle is Option + Return (maybe Shift + Option + Return, but it doesn't always work for me. I haven't thought about making it fullscreen. If you mess with the .cfg file and find a way to make it happen before I do, let us know!

I've been thinking about controller mapping. Mupen have information on how to do it at http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/ControllerSetup. I haven't thought of an easy way to do it, though. If you would like to write a configuration for a controller or change an existing one, here's the best way I've thought of:

Download Joystick and Gamepad Tester so you can see the numbers of your controller buttons, then write these into the InputAutoCfg.ini file. The fastest way to open the .ini file is to run this code in the Terminal:
open -a TextEdit /Applications/Mupen64Plus/mupen64plus.app/Contents/Resources/InputAutoCfg.ini

You can navigate to it by right-clicking mupen64plus.app and navigating to it (see the path in the code).

Let us know if you figure something out!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #646

Aaah crap, now nothings working. Is not the launcher, its Mupen, if I open it directly, I get an empty terminal window, with the launcher I get

Just-Joshs-iMac:~ JustJosh$ cd /Applications/MupenPlus
Just-Joshs-iMac:MupenPlus JustJosh$ /run_ricesh '/Applications/N_Roms/Legend_of_Zelda_The_-_Ocarina_of_Timez'
-bash: /run_ricesh: No such file or directory
Just-Joshs-iMac:MupenPlus JustJosh$

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #648

Jabba wrote:
Aaah crap, now nothings working. Is not the launcher, its Mupen, if I open it directly, I get an empty terminal window, with the launcher I get

Just-Joshs-iMac:~ JustJosh$ cd /Applications/MupenPlus
Just-Joshs-iMac:MupenPlus JustJosh$ /run_ricesh '/Applications/N_Roms/Legend_of_Zelda_The_-_Ocarina_of_Timez'
-bash: /run_ricesh: No such file or directory
Just-Joshs-iMac:MupenPlus JustJosh$

Luckily, I think it's just a typo. /run_ricesh should read ./run_rice.sh, and Ocarina_of_Timez should probably be Ocarina_of_Time.z64. Does that fix things?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #652

The filename isn't spelt like that, it only shows like that in terminal. I've tried re-installing and get the same thing.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #653

Jabba wrote:
Aaah crap, now nothings working. Is not the launcher, its Mupen, if I open it directly, I get an empty terminal window, [. . .]

I'm not entirely sure I understand, but I think this is a problem I've seen before.

Have you tried closing all the windows and programs and reopening the launcher?

Hope this helps!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #654

Ive tried everything, quitting everything, closing all windows, software update, uninstalled it, reinstalled it etc Its just stopped working, It doesn't even work when I don't use the launcher, every time I open it I get the "opening for the first time" message and an empty terminal window.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #655

Jabba wrote:
Ive tried everything, quitting everything, closing all windows, software update, uninstalled it, reinstalled it etc Its just stopped working, It doesn't even work when I don't use the launcher, every time I open it I get the "opening for the first time" message and an empty terminal window.

Hmm, I'm not sure what this could be. Double-clicking the Mupen64Plus 1.99.3 "mupen64plus.app" will always open a terminal window that doesn't really do anything. Is this what you tried to do without using the launcher?
cd /Applications/Mupen64Plus

then
./run_rice.sh example.v64

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #657

I also had a problem with the sh scripts not working. I copied and pasted the code from the sh scripts, replacing the parameters with the correct values, and everything runs fine. Not really useful for day to day playing though.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 14 years, 1 month ago #659

I just tried to run the latest version of Dolphin it froze everything, crashed the Finder, after restaring my Mail.app didn't work anymore, reinstalled leopard, still nothing working.

Tried:
cd /Applications/Mupen64Plus

./run_rice.sh example.v64

it worked, and is now running from the launcher

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds