Welcome, Guest
Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator)

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 3 months ago #1974

What's the current best-of-breed N64 emulator in terms of overall usability? Mupen64plus or sixtyforce?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 3 months ago #1975

SpeedofMac, how do you build that front-end?

peterb wrote:
What's the current best-of-breed N64 emulator in terms of overall usability? Mupen64plus or sixtyforce?

Sixtyforce hasn't been updated in forever, Mupen64Plus is definitely the choice to make here. You could also use Project64 in Wine as an alternative.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 3 months ago #1976

HDL wrote:
SpeedofMac, how do you build that front-end?

There are some instructions over at the wxMupen64Plus BitBucket page.

You'll need to compile SDL 1.2 (32-bit) and wxWidgets 2.9.1 from source, which gave me a bit of trouble. You'll also need to download waf to build.

For me, I keep everything the build needs (waf, the MP64+ api folder from the MP64+ source code, and all the dylibs and plugins from a compiled version of MP64+ in folders called libs and PlugIns) in a folder called wxmupen64plus_resources. Once I've checked out the wxMupen64Plus source, I run a little script:

export LDFLAGS="-arch i386"
export CXXFLAGS="-arch i386"
export CFLAGS="-arch i386"
cp ~/wxmupen64plus_resources/waf ~/wxmupen64plus
cd ~/wxmupen64plus
./waf configure --mupenapi=/Users/john/wxmupen64plus_resources/api --wxconfig=/usr/local/bin/wx-config
./waf
./waf install
cp -r ~/wxmupen64plus_resources/libs ~/wxmupen64plus/wxMupen64Plus.app/Contents
cp -r ~/wxmupen64plus_resources/PlugIns ~/wxmupen64plus/wxMupen64Plus.app/Contents

I found that I had wxWidgets 2.8 installed on my system, so I had to get rid of that for building to work properly. I also found that the home alias (~/) didn't work for the ./waf configure step.

I hope this helps! I plan to start posting compiled versions of the latest source once I get a bit of time on my hands.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 2 months ago #1999

Any luck yet?

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 2 months ago #2021

CrispyXUK wrote:
Any luck yet?

The page should be up in the next few days!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 2 months ago #2025

Just wanted to share my recent experience with hooking up a ps2 dualshock gamepad to my mac with a generic usb adapter. System Profiler lists mine as Twin USB Joystick. I was unsuccesfull at getting it to work with Mupen64plus 1.99.3, but with 1.99.4 I got it to work. It was autodetected but all messed up, the analog stick was completely backwards, up was left I think, down was right, right was up and left was down... awesome. Anyway, here's what I did to the inputautocfg.ini file inside the mupen64plus.app:

[Twin USB Joystick]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogDeadzone = 4096,4096
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = hat(0 Right)
DPad L = hat(0 Left)
DPad D = hat(0 Down)
DPad U = hat(0 Up)
Start = button(9)
Z Trig = button(1)
B Button = button(3)
A Button = button(2)
C Button R = axis(1+)
C Button L = axis(1-)
C Button D = axis(0+)
C Button U = axis(0-)
R Trig = button(7)
L Trig = button(6)
Mempak switch =
Rumblepak switch =
X Axis = axis(2-,2+)
Y Axis = axis(3-,3+)

There's still some stuff I'm going to tweak to make it more intuitive for me, but this works. I was basically trying to play goldeneye and wasn't having any luck. Hope this helps someone out. Oh, and I'm running os x 10.6.5 on a macbook pro in case it helps anyone with figuring shit out.

jono

HDL wrote:
For those who want the proper configuration for a DualShock 2 (PS2) controller using a generic USB adapter (System Profiler says manufacturer is GreenAsia. Inc.), here's how I got mine working:

[USB Joystick]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = hat(0 Right)
DPad L = hat(0 Left)
DPad D = hat(0 Down)
DPad U = hat(0 Up)
Start = button(9)
Z Trig = button(4)
B Button = button(3)
A Button = button(2)
C Button R = button(1) axis(1+)
C Button L = button(6) axis(1-)
C Button D = button(7) axis(0+)
C Button U = button(0) axis(0-)
R Trig = button(5)
L Trig = button(8)
Mempak switch = 
Rumblepak switch = 
X Axis = axis(2-,2+)
Y Axis = axis(3-,3+)

The controls are as follows:

Left analog: N64 analog
Right analog: C buttons
L1: C left
L2: Z button
R1: C down
R2: R button
Select: L button
Start: Start...
Cross: A button
Square: B button
Triangle: C up
Circle: C right

Edit

After a lot of experimenting, I finally got my SFIV TE arcade stick working just right. If any of you have TE stick setup, you can use this configuration:

[Street Fighter IV FightStick TE]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768
DPad R = 
DPad L = 
DPad D = 
DPad U = 
Start = button(4)
Z Trig = button(11)
B Button = button(13)
A Button = button(14)
C Button R = axis(4+)
C Button L = button(9)
C Button D = axis(5+)
C Button U = button(8)
R Trig = button(12)
L Trig = button(5)
Mempak switch = 
Rumblepak switch = 
X Axis = button(2,3)
Y Axis = button(0,1)

The controls for this setup (TE stick left, N64 right):

Stick (DP mode): analog stick
A: Z button
B: R button
X: B button
Y: A button
LB: C up
RB: C left
LT: C right
RT: C down
Back: L button
Start: Start...

Those buttons are for the 360 version of course, but the PS3 one will work as well. I didn't configure the pad since most 64 games don't use it (or they use it for minor things). If you're interested in using the 64 pad, you'll have to switch the stick mode. Left stick and right stick use axis inputs (you'll have to figure these out), and "digital pad" uses buttons 0, 1, 2, and 3.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 1 month ago #2060

Sorry for the delay, but I've got the wxMupen64Plus page up and running: http://speedofmac.com/emulation/wxmupen64plus.php. wxMupen64Plus is working very well on my computer, but it still is in active development, and some issues are kicking around. For example, you may need to restart the application for plugin changes to take effect.

Happy N64-ing!

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 1 month ago #2063

This thing will not install. I keep getting an error message and a message about no such file or directory

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 13 years, 1 month ago #2076

Hey Speed, after getting the Mupen64+ working, I'm now having problems with control pad. My PS3 Dual Shock is recognised, but only the left analogue and L2 & R2 work, R2 is mapped as Start. I don't know what to change, or rather where to change it. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: After much bopping in and out of F-Zero X I have managed to map the PS3 pad to the correct buttons! If anyone else ever has this problem, I've included what button numbers are assigned to what button on the control pad in mupen64+
It may be that no one ever has this same problem again, but just in case

1 = Analogue Left In
2 = Analogue Right In
3 = Start
4 = DPad Up
5 = DPad Right
6 = DPad Down
7 = DPad Left
8 = L2
9 = R2
10 = L1
11 = R1
12 = Triangle
13 = Circle
14 = Cross
15 = Square

You're welcome
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by chewdiggy. Reason: Added button config

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 9 months ago #2306

Sixtyforce.

At least if your game is supported - like Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 or F-Zero X! Sixtyforce is a very nice and beautiful emulator.

Re:Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 7 months ago #2489

I just tried to download Mupen64+ from SpeedofMac's website, but I can't open it. bunzip2 tells me the file ends unexpectly, the file is only 340kb. I tried to download it multiple times, but didn't help. Is the file on the server corrupted or is it just me?

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #2995

I downloaded the most recent wxmupen combo, selected a game on the menu, clicked the PLAY button, it acted like it was goin into it, but it quickly crashed. This happens to every game, what am I doing wrong.

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #2996

By latest, do you mean official or beta build?

Did you install the actual mupen64plus, or just the frontend. It requires a a separate install.

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #2997

I d/led:

32/64-bit Mac OSX 10.5+ binary bundle for Mupen64Plus v1.99.4 (command-line interface)

then the wxmupen+ launcher

Keeps saying Mupen core library isnt found. I followed the steps exactly on Speed's page. I d/led that, dragged the 64 bit folder to applications, renamed it Mupen64Plus, & launched, but it kept sayin that.
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Thundar.

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #2998

The official build is an all in one:
bitbucket.org/auria/wxmupen64plus/downlo...64Plus_0.2_combo.dmg

Otherwise, follow the following instructions:
speedofmac.com/emulation/wxmupen64plus.php#latest-installation

If you don't like the command line, he made an applescript to make it easier.

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #3000

That official combo build is the first build in like 2 years that has worked wonderfully. Cheers for posting the link!

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #3001

What an excellent little package. I made an OSX specific icon logo if it's any use.

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 12 years, 2 months ago #3002

I take no credit for this. Found the link on Speed of Mac's site.

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 11 years, 5 months ago #3550

I'm doing what I can to get back on my feet in the emulation scene. I've started compiling the latest builds of Mupen64Plus, and you can find them at consoleemu.com/emulator/mupen64plus#latest.

I also fired up MupenRocket for the first time in a long time, and I found a bug or two to fix. If someone nags me, I'll get around to fixing them, too!

Re: Mupen64Plus (N64 Emulator) 11 years, 5 months ago #3551

/nag

Sorry...just reached 666 posts over in the Diablo 3 tech support forums so I'm feeling somewhat....evil.

/rimshot

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds