Welcome, Guest
PS3 emulator
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PS3 emulator

PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4151

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4152

Impressive. I wonder how long it'll take them to get the emulation good enough for commercial games, and how they'll deal with the many, many different firmware versions. And just generally, knowing how hard it's been to emulate other consoles with multi-core processing, I wonder whether they'll have enough expertise, patience, and passion to get anywhere near that far.

That Cell processor is a complex beast.

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4153

Seriously? The ps2 isn't even close to being perfected for Mac even through Wine, & yet they start putting together a ps3 emulator. On the Openemu Github site, they put Xbox 360 as something they want in OpenEmu...but they skipped a system, the first Xbox. My point is, emulation was meant for systems & games that are not sold in stores anymore...last I checked, ps3 games are still being released & systems still being bought.
Last Edit: 8 years, 1 month ago by Thundar.

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4154

Thundar wrote:
emulation was meant for systems & games that are not sold in stores anymore

I mostly agree with this. But sometimes emulation work starts when the console is still actively supported. A quick trip through memory lane (and Wikipedia) shows that SNES96, UltraHLE, Dolphin, NO$GMB, VisualBoyAdvance, DeSmuME, and Connectix Virtual Game Station were all released during a time the console they emulated was supported. Some of them were not functioning well on initial release, but the development effort was still put into place.

Consider this: are there any Xbox games that warrant making an emulator for this platform? (I kid, I kid )

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4155

Also, the PS3 was released over 9 years ago. That's it's still actively supported is a testament to Sony saying it would be a 10 year console, but I for one wouldn't mind being able to play the games without needing to hook it up to my TV again.

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4156

Forza, Halo, Conker, Bruce Lee...

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4157

xqemu.com/

Nothing playable, and doesn't look like it updates much, but theres something started

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years, 1 month ago #4165

I would absolutely kill for something like a PCIe card that had the PS1/2/3 hardware on it that let you play on your PC/Mac. Extra bonus points for allowing ISOs to be saved to the HD (but still requiring the actual disc be inserted to match up with the saved ISO as an anti-piracy measure).

Imagine PS2 games' load times with that feature set. Now imagine features like you see in PCSX2 applied to those games (DQ8 comes to mind here). Yummm..

Re: PS3 emulator 8 years ago #4167

I had a hard drive in my ps2 with a mod disc. OMG were load times amazing.

Re: PS3 emulator 7 years, 12 months ago #4172

menace690 wrote:
I had a hard drive in my ps2 with a mod disc. OMG were load times amazing.

That's what I've got in my PS2. 400 GB HD with nearly all of my games on it. The only one that wouldn't take was Contra: Shattered Soldier, because only the DVD version would run from the HD, not the CD version that I have (there were two releases of that game on different media types). Having the game on the HD was the only thing that made Gran Turismo 3 tolerable. GT4 however...ran from the HD, but that stupid "slow you to 30 MPH for 25 seconds if you even breeze up against another car" feature turned me off of the series entirely after GT3.

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds