Welcome, Guest
PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port)

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3881

Squishy Tia wrote:
how come you aren't using a site like filefront?

I really wasn't sure where to host a large file for downloading. I'm certainly open to other file hosting sites! GameFront looks like a good option, so I'm looking into it right now. (Edit: GameFront is the host now. I've updated the original post with the link)

Squishy Tia wrote:
BTW, I know consoleemu.com is relatively new, but the only way to get to the latest builds (or any downloads at all) on the site is to use the dropdown menus at the top. The big links on the respective pages for each emulator do not yet work.

Yeah, I haven't worked on it much and it's certainly a WIP. I have some scripts that upload new builds of PCSX-Reloaded, but that's about all the maintenance it gets. Which links aren't working correctly? I'll fix up anything that's broken.

Squishy Tia wrote:
Does the new build also solve the issues with interlacing? It's really bad in the build we already downloaded before.

A member of the PCSX2 forums let me know that on his machine this bundle worked better using Wineskin's built-in X11 rather than XQuartz, so that would be worth a shot. There is also an alternate version of the GSdx video plugin in this build with SDL support, and that worked much better for him. You can check out his post here. Everything should be included in the bundle you just downloaded, so you should be able to give it a try.

Squishy Tia wrote:
Now if I could just figure out a way to get rid of Wineskin's annoying habit of launching its wrapper creation app instead of the app you opened with the keyboard or double clicked. It does that for ALL Wineskin wrappered apps and it's very frustrating.

Yeah, I'm a Command+Down opener myself, and this is annoying. At first I thought it would randomly go into the setup dialogue.
Last Edit: 10 years, 2 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3882

I got the video working. The build I already had (the most recent one you posted before the build you put up on GameFront) now has working G5dx (all of them). Hardware is slow (like 2 FPS slow) while software seems to be working well. I had to open the Wineskin.app inside of the wrapper and enable "Use Mac Driver" instead of the X11 driver to get anywhere near full speed. Wild Arms 3 now has proper graphics at reasonable speed. Unfortunately, the G5dx plugin does not seem to have any options for multi-core use so I'm stuck with my single core having to turbo and hope it does well.

Interlacing is still a problem even when set to the proper mode and vSync is a speed killer. FMVs unfortunately do not play well at all in any setup. They're slow with crackly sound and nothing I change seems to affect that. Oh well. It's progress.

Too bad even though I'm using a real Dual Shock 2 controller the adapter I am using is not fully compatible with the analog portion of the controller. Using it in analog mode sets the controller into "digital via analog" mode as far as the app is concerned. I wonder if a PS3 controller will work, especially since I have no bluetooth in this rig.

Nothing's ever easy, is it?

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3883

Squishy Tia wrote:

Haha, you're right about that! It's encouraging that you're getting playable framerates, though. That's a step in the right direction for sure. A PS3 controller should work if it's plugged in via USB. I've been meaning to buy one of those, so I can't say definitively, but it should.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3884

ConsoleEmu wrote:
Squishy Tia wrote:

Haha, you're right about that! It's encouraging that you're getting playable framerates, though. That's a step in the right direction for sure. A PS3 controller should work if it's plugged in via USB. I've been meaning to buy one of those, so I can't say definitively, but it should.

Unfortunately thus far I've never gotten a PS3 controller recognized as a USB device. Only as bluetooth, and only once and I was unable to configure it with any app. USB Overdrive thankfully lets me disable control over specific devices so that if I do manage to get a PS3 controller working with my system I'll be able to keep USB OD from even touching it, something I have to do for all of RB's emulators since emulator enhancer and USB OD do not get along, and EE is preferred for control in his apps.

Regarding the FMV issue, I'm going to try something. I have my HDMI preferences set to 192 KHz/24-bit 2-channel (8-channel just totally screws with all of RB's emulators even at 44.1/48 KHz sample rates). I'll try setting it to 48 Khz to match what a PS2 would use for its FMV bitstream and see if that allows the games' FMV to play properly. If so, I'll just have to live with 48 Khz. If not, well, then there's an issue with FMVs.

Now I have to figure out why all recent PCSX-R builds give me nothing but either a black screen or orange screen (with working audio, but not controls). I'm stuck using a three and a half year old build because the OpenGL and SoftGL plugins just don't play nice for me. Neither does the audio - crackles galore on both OpenAL and SDL plugins regardless of settings.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3886

Odd about the PS3 Controller experience.. PS3 Controllers have had a native driver since Snow Leopard.. Did you try before that with TattleBogle driver? If so, remove that driver, and the PS3 Controller should just work. I have mine wired and it works great. Wireless works also, I just have no need for wireless over bluetooth and use it so rarely that I have to plug it in to charge anyway the next time I want to use it.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3887

I got the PS3 controller recognized instantly. It never worked even driverless in SL, but seems to in MV. Hopefully this means Gran Turismo will function properly - it's not a fun game to play without analog sticks. I just wish it wouldn't flash its ID indicators (all four of them) when connecting via USB like this. Gets irritating in a dark room.

The bigger issue is PCSX-R's current builds. I can't get any video out of them at all with the OpenGL driver, and my gameshark ISO doesn't work at all with it other than sound. Input, video, both are not working, but they do work just fine with the old 2010 build.

If only PCSX2-CE would work properly with FMV then Wild Arms 3 would be playable.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3888

I just built the most recent version of PCSX-R, and the OpenGL video plugin seems to be working properly (both sound plugins were working for me, too). The orange screen goes away after about 5 seconds. For the SoftGL plugin, nothing was showing for me at first. I changed the resolution in the plugin settings and then it seems to work properly after that.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 2 months ago #3889

I left the orange screen up for nearly five minutes - no go. I'm still stuck on the 2010 build, which I'd like to get off of since it has an occasional crash, indicating a slight incompatibility with something in Mavericks.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 10 years, 1 month ago #3896

You might want to use one of the later wines in wineskin, and enable OS X mode instead of going through x11 -- this will likely make some of the OpenGL stuff work better.

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 8 years, 5 months ago #4114

Oh man it's been ages since I've posted here.. What's up everyone?

So, a friend of mine who got a 12" Retina MacBook some months ago asked me to help him setup this very emulator in this very fashion. We got it working... sort of... and it inspired me to to do the same on my Hackintosh here.

ConsoleEmu: How exactly do you install the Nvidia CG Toolkit and the winetricks stuff "into the app bundle"? I managed to install everything as you normally would, and I'm getting slightly better frame rates in the game I like to play (Rez), but it still slows down when there's a lot of enemies etc. on screen.

Any insight would be great, though I don't expect a response too soon since I know this thread is over a year old.

Thanks,
ShiggitySays

Re: PCSX2-CE for OS X (Wineskin port) 8 years, 5 months ago #4115

Did these directions not work?

consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac

Time to create page: 0.18 seconds