Welcome, Guest
windows 95
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: windows 95

windows 95 10 years, 7 months ago #3804

just for a laugh, I dusted off my old copy of ZPC and got Crossover working. So far so good. browsed to the ZPC installer-only to be told "ZPC only works in Windows 95, after that it shut down. I'm only familiar with Crossover, and WinXP does have compatibility modes, as far as I've been told. So, my question is this: If I can, how do I access compatibility mode and get a windows XP bottle to run win95? my spidey sense tells me no

thanks for any replies

John b

Re: windows 95 10 years, 7 months ago #3805

One idea comes to mind. If you can pop the installer and its files into the virtual C drive, then you can open Wine Configuration from the Control Panel tab under Manage Bottles. Then find the executable and select Windows 95 for the Windows Version.

Next choose Run Command and pick the exe.

Failing that, you could always install Windows 95 in VirtualBox.

Re: windows 95 10 years, 7 months ago #3806

+1 for running Windows 95 in VB. It's worked a treat for me, even for later games like Thief and Grim Fandango. Make sure you get SciTech Display Doctor for a decent resolution for the OS, then I just ctrl-mouse wheel for low res games.

Re: windows 95 10 years, 7 months ago #3807

Or build an XP virtual machine. Use compatibility mode from there.

If you do get 95 running, try to keep it off the internet. One time my 98 VM got infected before I even got to the desktop (saw a lot of network activity during boot).

Time to create page: 0.12 seconds