Welcome, Guest
Using Wiimote as GameCube controller?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Using Wiimote as GameCube controller?

Using Wiimote as GameCube controller? 12 years, 3 months ago #3019

Hi,

Has anyone tested using Wiimote as GameCube controller on the Mac/Dolphin? Hopefully a way to easily switch between GameCube and Wii games?

Thanks!

Re: Using Wiimote as GameCube controller? 12 years, 3 months ago #3020

I don't think so…
The GameCube controller has 2 analogue sticks, while the Wiimote+Nunchuck have 1…

BUT

You could map buttons to keys in dolphin, and use this to map Buttons on the Wiimote to keys on your keyboard…

Re: Using Wiimote as GameCube controller? 12 years, 3 months ago #3021

Wii Classic Controller attached to Wii Controller should give you the best option.

Re: Using Wiimote as GameCube controller? 12 years, 3 months ago #3028

Thanks! I am quite surprise that the Classic Controller is just a shell for Wiimote, not a standalone device.

I have never seen the controller in Singapore, will look around. You do mean I can use it to play GameCube games in Dolphin? According to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Controller it can't be use to play GameCube games in Wii.
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by limtc.

Re: Using Wiimote as GameCube controller? 12 years, 3 months ago #3029

Since we played both Wii and GameCube games on Dolphin, will this cause configuration (or swapping every time we changed console) for us?

Thanks!

Re: Using Wiimote as GameCube controller? 12 years, 3 months ago #3052

Honestly I'm not sure. I have an actual usb->gamecube/xbox/ps2 adapter I use for gaming. I just know that the classic controller should work over bluetooth using the wiimote.

Time to create page: 0.15 seconds