Welcome, Guest
MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame

MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2984

I loved MacMame when it was actively updated way back in the first half of the 00's. It was easy to play arcade games, ya didnt need to be a tech whiz to play. Now ya got SDLMame, with a frontend or 2...but there's nothing like the simplicity of MacMame. Are there any step by step info on how to run SDLMame with the frontend. SpeedOfMac does a good step by step informative on how to work PCSXR, there should be one for Mame on Macs.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2985

Amen to that, my friend

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2986

I so love MacMame, and hope it can come back one day. All I need is to install and run games, not be a programmer or hacker.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2987

I'd love for the project to have a proper front-end so that it made everything easier to configure from control setup to the addition of games. Add, Organize, Launch... PLAY! Simple as that.

Some might know my involvement with the OpenEmu project and what is planned for that.
I would sorely love MAME to be an included 'core' for that project. The thing is, it is so badly coded now (or confusingly coded) with tons of hacks and revisions, that it would be a mammoth project in itself trying to integrate it properly.

These front-ends we have currently for MAME are nice but, ultimately frustrating and confusing for people.
A true layman's guide to it all would be a nice undertaking for the community.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2989

Obviously there's MameOSX even though that's out of date. What's wrong with SDLMame and M+ frontend? There's nothing difficult about this setup, what are you lot struggling with?

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2993

Now that I've got Q-whatever u call it, the frontend to SDLMame & SDLMame workin...whered u put the cheat file? lol

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2994

Can you simply drag the app out, and just run it? If you think it is OK to read instructions and follow steps to get these and those done, then you are not getting it.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #2999

Thundar wrote:
Now that I've got Q-whatever u call it, the frontend to SDLMame & SDLMame workin...whered u put the cheat file? lol
Cheat file goes in the MAME folder, can't help with "Q-Whatever", I use M+ Gui which works perfectly.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #3003

I miss the ease of InputSprocket for configuring my controllers. It's the one feature that MAME OS X (in any form) desparately needs. The configuration of MAME iteself is a bitch and a half...

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #3004

I'm tryin out M+ Gui, when I browse to input the cheat.zip file into it, the file name isnt in bold, its shadowed.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 3 months ago #3005

Unzip it

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 2 months ago #3095

Anybody got a link for the current stable M+ GUI? The link on RB's forums errors out (it was taken down by the hosting company it looks like).

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 2 months ago #3098

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 2 months ago #3100

Danke kind sirs

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 2 months ago #3104

macapps.web.infoseek.co.jp/mame_tunes/index_en.html

Nice little fronted, not much work done to it these days but the source code is available for you code ninjas.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 2 months ago #3105

code.google.com/p/mame-library/

This also apparently works with SDLMame, I can't work out how though, again, source is available.

Re: MAME & The Old Beloved MacMame 12 years, 2 months ago #3124

Clobber from the openemu guys compiled the latest Mame Library that works with SDLMame, works for him but not me.

s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media.hiddent....uk/MAME+Library.zip

Let me know how you get on with it.

Time to create page: 0.19 seconds