Welcome, Guest
MDF file extension...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: MDF file extension...

MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2592

A few PSone ISOs I've unpacked on my iMac ended up..not being .bin or .ISO, or .IMG...but .MDF...so how do I unpack a .MDF file? I think it needs unpacking because PCSXR isnt liking the file extension.

Re: MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2593

Not sure of an exact solution but there are different levels of success being reported on the following link for simply changing the extension to .iso

hintsforums.macworld.com/archive/index.php/t-14818.html

Re: MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2594

It's a disk image format for Alcohol 120%. I ported over 2 UNIX apps (IAT and MDC2ISO) aaaages ago. Look for them (can google them) and see how you go. They can convert it to ISO for you.

Not sure if I had an Intel Mac when I ported IAT.

Also, my most common complaint was "IT DOESN'T WORK!!!" It really does, but it CAN'T work if you are using some corrupted/pirated image that you downloaded from Bit Torrent which is actually a Windows virus in disguise. I dropped support because I literally had thousands of pirates e-mailing me a day.

Re: MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2595

actually it was emuparadise, not a torrent I'm quite fearful of torrents. lol
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by Crawthorn.

Re:MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2597

I use 'AnyToIso', works like a charm.

The free lite version should manage your needs.

Re:MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2598

didn't test it but just found this www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23223/miso-j

Re:MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2599

I tried the Any app last night & PCSXR didnt recognize the ISO, so I'm goin to try MISO. Ty both.

Re:MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2600

neither worked. It just says it cant read from CDROM, and its not from the CD, its an ISO.

Re:MDF file extension... 12 years, 7 months ago #2602

You are using CMD-I to load the ISO and not the CMD-R command, which is for the CD-ROM, right?

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds