Welcome, Guest
Does Dolphin supports ISO?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Does Dolphin supports ISO?

Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2298

Hi,

I have tested a few GameCube downloaded games. All the files shown up in Dolphin, but only gcm file will work. ALL iso files always failed (probably just started showing something than blank screen).

Does Dolphin really supports iso format? Or my Mac screws up the iso files (I have tested under Snow Leopard)? Or is there an iso to gcm conversion tool? I tried renaming iso file type to gcm and the result is the same.

Thanks!

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2299

I've had no problem using ISOs so far although certain images won't show up in the emulator's browser (when you select a folder with games in and it displays their details etc.) however I can still open these directly. Could it maybe be a compatibility issue with the games you're trying?

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2300

Strange - I tried 2 iso from 2 different sources for the following games:

- Mario Kart double dash
- F-Zero GX

I also tested for MANY version of Dolphin, from a few years ago to the latest.

The only game I tried successfully is Super Mario Sunshine, which is a gcm file. If you know where I can get good working iso/gcm, appreciated!
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by limtc.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2301

i have yet to try out dolphin but i'm curious if it's possible to create images of games on a mac? or may it even be possible to play them directly from the disc?
i have quite the collection and with Wii U losing cube compatibility it would be great to be able to play them through emulation.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2302

I've not tried making the ISOs myself given that I've not had access to anything but a slot-loading drive in a little while but I suppose it would be worth a try?

So far I've only really tried Twilight Princess (GC) and Star Fox Adventures on a slightly older MBP and had excellent results with just a little slowdown. I'm eager to test it in my new iMac when I get chance too, it seems like the emulator's much further along than when I last checked.

N.B. Using an XBOX 360 controller is a pretty nice for GC games.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2303

my slot in died a while ago, that's why i bought an external tray load drive. i've tried reading a cube disc but it didn't work, neither did wii discs.

as for the controller, i've bought a gamecube usb adapter a while ago for playing N64 games. works great.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2304

Playing N64 games on... Sixtyforce or?

Sixtyforce is my favourite N64 emulator and is perfect for Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64. I am looking for a good controller for it!

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2311

I downloaded an ISO file (packaged in rar).

When expanded, I got a folder of files in the following format:

sc-ssbm.001
sc-ssbm.002
sc-ssbm.022
sc-ssbm.nfo
sc-ssbm.sfv

How do I combined them into an iso or gcm file?

Thanks!

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2312

First you need to use unrarx or stuffit expander to unrar them.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2313

I finally got those iso to work! It is not the file, but the game!

Mario Kart Double Dash - when started and go into blank screen, press the start button on controller. It should be playing a video file but didn't. The game is rather slow until I change the audio setting to lower bitrate and now it runs like a charm!

F-Zero GX: switch off dual core will make it work - but then it is very slow!

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2314

Hi, I don't understand - it has been unrar, and I got a folder of files. How do I combined the files to a single iso file?

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2319

Its kinda hard to support a particular version of a pirated game you found on the internet.

What is in each folder? My guess is its a bunch of files that need to be put into one folder and then unrarred again.... but thats just a guess as I don't have the file.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2326

It seems the only way to make Gamecube ISOs yourself is to have Gamecube with a Broadband Adapter and the game hooked up to your computer. As far as I remember that's the reason why Nintendo decided to pull the broadband adapter from store shelves (at least in Europe) and avoid piracy.
Well, I've found some images online and was really surprised that my MacBook Pro (2.4GHz C2D) can run the games I've tested at 75-85% speed at 1080p. Can't wait to try it out on a more powerful system.

As for N64 emulation, I've always used Mupen64Plus on Mac and Project64 on PC. The last time I've used sixtyforce, it had the Garret watermark in the picture and you couldn't adjust screen resolution or use a controller.

Try HJsplit or 7zX to rejoin your files and rename the joined file to if it has no extension.

Re:Does Dolphin supports ISO? 12 years, 9 months ago #2347

Oh, I found many files are like that. Not just a particular one. It is always like that:

sc-ssbm.001
sc-ssbm.022
sc-ssbm.nfo
sc-ssbm.sfv

The 001..022 are the extension, follow by 2 other files (nfo and sfv). But anyway, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.17 seconds