Welcome, Guest
TI-89 emulator
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: TI-89 emulator

TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2071

Hi MacScene

I'm looking for a ported version of the VirtualTi-89 emulator.
In my search i stumbled upon this old thread on macrumors: forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=559691
The user called dukebound85 had apparently found the emulator on your site, but it seems that the link he referred to is broken/dead. So I thought some of you guys in here might still have it on your Mac. In that case, I would really appreciate it if you were willing to share it with me.
Thanks in advance!
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by Mathias Johnsen.

Re: TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2072

Re:TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2074

That reminds me...when are we going to get a rebuilt database of current emulators? It's gotten hard to find some unless somebody asks in the forums and/or has bookmarks to all of the sites (not likely).

Re:TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2075

Yeah, I've started working on it a couple of times. Each time I do I run into an issue or a new project. The whole place really needs a redesign, lots of outdated features.

Re: TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2080

Unfortunately TiEmu doesn't work with OS 10.6... Or maybe it's just me who cannot go any further than installing fling. When i try to install the Emu it comes up with an error at some point in the installation process.

Re:TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2082

This is going to be awesome for doing homework. Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of using a TI emulator before.

Re:TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2086

What the frog! Did you get it working? on what machine/operatingsystem?

Re:TI-89 emulator 13 years, 1 month ago #2089

MacPorts
Install Binary from:
www.macports.org/

Then in a terminal session:
sudo port install tiemu3

I had an error during install:

Error: db46 requires the Java for Mac OS X development headers.
Error: Download the Java Developer Package from: <connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Mem...e?bundleID=20719>
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: missing Java headers
Error: Failed to install db46

Followed directions, downloaded headers, installed, and retried. Worked perfectly. To run it, just type timeu from the command line.

Time to create page: 0.14 seconds