Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #628

Well, there's a slight improvement. It launches. But as soon as I hit CMD-R to launch a CD, I get the game window for about two seconds, then an "unexpetedly quit" error. Here's the crash log below:

Process: PCSX [2048]
Path: /Volumes/Tia 2/Games/PCSX Reloaded/PCSX-Reloaded 03-10-10.app/Contents/MacOS/PCSX
Identifier: com.codeplex.pcsxr
Version: PCSX-Reloaded (1.9.91)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [83]

Date/Time: 2010-03-11 08:03:56.997 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: 0x000000000000000d, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 1

Thread 0:
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90e514a6 mach_msg_trap + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90e58c9c mach_msg + 72
2 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x91350eda _CGSSynchronizeWindowBackingStore + 139
3 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x91343edb _CGSLockWindow + 4600
4 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x91350a07 CGSDeviceLock + 450
5 libRIP.A.dylib 0x91fb4d64 ripd_Lock + 61
6 libRIP.A.dylib 0x91fae5a9 ripl_BltImage + 329
7 libRIP.A.dylib 0x91f9854d ripc_RenderImage + 273
8 libRIP.A.dylib 0x91fa4cb1 ripc_DrawImages + 9522
9 com.apple.CoreGraphics 0x91381859 CGContextDrawImages + 297
10 com.apple.coreui 0x91e07509 CUIRenderer::DrawWindowFrameDark(CUIContext const*) + 5057
11 com.apple.coreui 0x91e1b19e CUIRenderer::Draw(CGRect, CGContext*, __CFDictionary const*, __CFDictionary const**) + 4638
12 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e65abb _NSDrawThemeBackground + 862
13 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e8a9cb -[NSGrayFrame drawWindowBackgroundRect:] + 544
14 com.apple.AppKit 0x93dcdb2b -[NSFrameView drawThemeContentFill:inView:] + 1927
15 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e8a456 -[NSGrayFrame drawRect:] + 74
16 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e62864 -[NSView _drawRect:clip:] + 3853
17 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e600d5 -[NSView _recursiveDisplayRectIfNeededIgnoringOpacity:isVisibleRect:rectIsVisibleRectForView:topView:] + 1819
18 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e5f5f3 -[NSThemeFrame _recursiveDisplayRectIfNeededIgnoringOpacity:isVisibleRect:rectIsVisibleRectForView:topView:] + 306
19 com.apple.AppKit 0x93e5c117 -[NSView _displayRectIgnoringOpacity:isVisibleRect:rectIsVisibleRectForView:] + 3090
20 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d9cb77 -[NSView displayIfNeeded] + 933
21 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d9c725 -[NSWindow displayIfNeeded] + 189
22 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d9c548 _handleWindowNeedsDisplay + 436
23 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x906e39c2 __CFRunLoopDoObservers + 466
24 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x906e4d1c CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 844
25 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x906e5cf8 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 88
26 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95c53480 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 283
27 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95c53299 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 374
28 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x95c5310d BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 106
29 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d9a3ed _DPSNextEvent + 657
30 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d99ca0 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 128
31 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d92cdb -[NSApplication run] + 795
32 com.apple.AppKit 0x93d5ff14 NSApplicationMain + 574
33 com.codeplex.pcsxr 0x00002b23 main + 358
34 ??? 0xbffffbbe 0 + 3221224382

Thread 1 Crashed:
0 dyld 0x8fe18b42 misaligned_stack_error + 0
1 net.sf.peops.SPUPlugin 0x0046a592 SoundFeedStreamData + 213
2 net.sf.peops.SPUPlugin 0x004715c3 MAINThread + 7214
3 com.codeplex.pcsxr 0x0002d948 psxRcntUpdate + 450
4 com.apple.Foundation 0x90fbb754 __NSThread__main__ + 308
5 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90e826f5 _pthread_start + 321
6 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90e825b2 thread_start + 34

Looks like that dynamic library isn't liking something or vice versa. But it's better than it was!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #630

Does the version from the PCSX-Reloaded download page work for you? It has almost all of the functionality that the latest change stets have.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #634

I'll give the latest "stable" release a go. I really want my SO2 and FFT fixes.

And I do appreciate you keeping up with this. It may be that your build is requiring a more updated dynamic library than what is present in Leopard and its XCode Developer's Tools.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #637

Squishy Tia wrote:
I'll give the latest "stable" release a go. I really want my SO2 and FFT fixes.

And I do appreciate you keeping up with this. It may be that your build is requiring a more updated dynamic library than what is present in Leopard and its XCode Developer's Tools.

It could have something to do with my Snow Leopard version of Xcode, but PCSX-Reloaded does have problems running CDs on OS X. You can read a bit more about this here: http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=85061. The only solution proposed was to make a backup of your CD. I believe that PCSX-Reloaded can run DMG files, and it can definitely run IMG, BIN, and ISO files. This is more of a work-around than a fix, but as far as I know, it's the best we've got.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #639

What's the best way to create an ISO of a PSX game in OS X? It used to be that in OS 9 there was an app I could use that would ignore read errors (the intentional "bad" sectors imprinted on the discs), but in OS X, Toast and Disk Utility both choke on PSX discs immediately.

And on a slightly off topic: Are there any viable ways of getting PSX memory card files from the PS3's HD onto my Mac (OS X or Windows)? I wouldn't mind transferring my SO2 save that way, as I've got some good chars w/ high level items (go go mischief/reproduction!).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #640

Hey, I'm new to the forum and got hold of PCSX-R and a copy of FFIX. Am pretty fricking happy about the whole thing to be honest, really good support out there for it all.

Is there a fix for the Final Fantasy battle problems yet? (Flickering menus, Music slow-down etc.) Looked around and not really found anything just yet. Also is there a fix for the avatar's being whited-out on the field view as well?

Alternatively, is there any other GPU plug-ins that anyone'd recommend? Couldn't find any of these either.

Re:Does it work for you? 14 years, 1 month ago #641

Help I am having the same problem. How did you figure it out. I can not get ISOs or CDs to run. I have all the BIOS files and have tried all of them and they are all the right size. The old version works.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #643

Squishy Tia wrote:
What's the best way to create an ISO of a PSX game in OS X? It used to be that in OS 9 there was an app I could use that would ignore read errors (the intentional "bad" sectors imprinted on the discs), but in OS X, Toast and Disk Utility both choke on PSX discs immediately.

And on a slightly off topic: Are there any viable ways of getting PSX memory card files from the PS3's HD onto my Mac (OS X or Windows)? I wouldn't mind transferring my SO2 save that way, as I've got some good chars w/ high level items (go go mischief/reproduction!).

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I think that Burn is a good application to make an ISO from a CD: http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html. You can copy a CD and save it as an ISO, and I think you can turn off error-checking, too. If that doesn't work, there are some Terminal options listed at this MacRumors forum topic.

I'm not sure how to copy data from a PS3, but there should be something somewhere that has this information.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #644

Joe De-Vine wrote:
Hey, I'm new to the forum and got hold of PCSX-R and a copy of FFIX. Am pretty fricking happy about the whole thing to be honest, really good support out there for it all.

Is there a fix for the Final Fantasy battle problems yet? (Flickering menus, Music slow-down etc.) Looked around and not really found anything just yet. Also is there a fix for the avatar's being whited-out on the field view as well?

Alternatively, is there any other GPU plug-ins that anyone'd recommend? Couldn't find any of these either.

I don't think that the FFIX issues are fixed yet. Last I checked, running the Windows version of PCSX-Reloaded on your Mac using Wine will fix the battle menus and add better graphics and whatnot. I've put up a little guide on SpeedofMac.com, and you can get to it here: PCSX-Reloaded (Windows) on Mac OS X Set-up Guide.

You could let the good people at PCSX-Reloaded know about the problem and see if they can do anything about it by filing an issue report on the PCSX-Reloaded CodePlex site.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #645

Squishy Tia wrote:

On the old forum, I had a really detailed post explaining how to copy PSX games on OSX, but, since it doesn't look like the old posts will be recovered any time soon, here it goes . . .

I recommend Firestarter FX.

Make sure to check "Read Raw."

There may be some graphical glitching when switching panels (started for me when I updated to Snow Leopard), but everything else still works.

I've heard that some newer drives aren't supported though, so YMMV . . .

You can also try to do a direct copy with dd from the terminal.

Be careful with dd, though. It copies at a low-level and can easily overwrite files.

dd if=/dev/disk1 of=~/Downloads/myISO.iso

This should work as long as your disc drive is disk1. You can check in Disk Utility when you have a disc in the drive.

If it's not, just change the "1" to whatever number your disc drive is.

Be warned, dd won't give you a progress meter for the copy.

Just leave it running for 20-40 min depending on your drive speed (until the disc stops spinning).

When it stops, you will see output and the amount of data copied.

You can always stop the process at any time with CTRL+C.

You can also verify the integrity of the ISO by checking its checksum on Redump.org.

Hashtab is a great program for calculating checksums (even includes a Services menu!).

Hope this helps!
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ReddestDream.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #647

SpeedofMac, I think I love you you are definitely working yourself silly on this and it's paying off for us little guys!

The only thing I wondered now is if there was any advancement on working the USB Controller on it? I saw on one of the forums (MacRumours i think) that this was an unresolved issue a while ago.

Thank you ever so though!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #650

I trust ReddestDream's instructions on copying a PS1 disk more than I trust my own. Let us know how they work for you!

Commodore 64 Dinosaur wrote:
SpeedofMac, I think I love you you are definitely working yourself silly on this and it's paying off for us little guys!

The only thing I wondered now is if there was any advancement on working the USB Controller on it? I saw on one of the forums (MacRumours i think) that this was an unresolved issue a while ago.

Thank you ever so though!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm always happy to hear that people are getting something out of what I'm doing.

I'm really hoping that PCSX-R's USB controller gets straightened out soon. I'm unable to play games with my two controllers (Logitech Dual Action and TomTop PS3 DualShock) because of an up/down button and axis issue. They work well for Snes9x and Mupen64Plus, though. I've posted an issue and a discussion on the PCSX-R code page, and I'll keep watching for fixes. As soon as I find something out, I'll post it here.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #651

A new change set of PCSX-Reloaded was posted today at the PCSX-Reloaded CodePlex site. This version replaced non-free code, fixed some image quality issues, and improved decoding speed. You can download a pre-compiled version from the SpeecofMac PCSX-Reloaded section, or you can grab the source code from the PCSX-Reloaded Source Code page.

Happy gaming!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #656

I was going to ask if there were any optimal graphics card settings for the Wine Bottled version, but you've already covered that. Now I've out-noobed myself and can't delete this post. It is a wonder I can dress myself.

Thanks again though, greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've checked around for USB Driver support for X11 and/or Wine with only something like a representative from Wine saying it's on the way. Not very promising.
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by Commodore 64 Dinosaur.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #661

Hello everybody! I'm new here and I was very happy to find this site full of Mac Emulation fans. Anyway, I'm trying to run FF7 using PCSXR, and I'm having a bit of trouble. If I try to run the game using the .bin files, the "Sony Computer Entertainment presents" screen runs, but immediately afterward the emulator quits unexpectedly. If I try to run FF7 with CD's burned from the .bin images, a "Can't check CD!" error pops up. Does anyone have any insight as to how to fix this problem? Is it possible that the .bin files are bad?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #662

EDIT: I've checked around for USB Driver support for X11 and/or Wine with only something like a representative from Wine saying it's on the way. Not very promising.

USB Overdrive will make any USB controller work in X11/Wine. The only problem is that it has to be enabled universally, or it will not work (enabling only X11 doesn't work). Just make sure to turn off USB Overdrive when you're done since it conflicts with many native emulators (Bannister's and PCSX for sure . . . ).

It's $20, but I have used it and it does work with games (IWBTG, Knytt Stories) and emulators (pSX) that run in Wine.

Erik wrote:
If I try to run the game using the .bin files, the "Sony Computer Entertainment presents" screen runs, but immediately afterward the emulator quits unexpectedly. If I try to run FF7 with CD's burned from the .bin images, a "Can't check CD!" error pops up. Does anyone have any insight as to how to fix this problem? Is it possible that the .bin files are bad?

I'd use Hashtab to get a checksum for each .BIN file (usually the same as ISO) and check it on Redump.org.

Here's a link to the NTSC(U) FF7 discs' checksums: Here.

Hope this helps!
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ReddestDream.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #663

Thanks, this sounds like it'll help.

I've tried to use the same approach as the one given here for installing PCSX-R with Wine just now with both pSX and ePSXe and neither have worked, did it work as simply as changing the .exe files into .app for you? They appear to be loading and opening, then disappear.

Got hold of USB Overdrive easy enough without paying as far as I can tell, rekons that it just gives an annoying pop-up for a while to begin with if you don't pay.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #666

Okay, I guess they weren't good because the checksums didn't match up. I downloaded the binaries from a different source and now FF7 is running fine. Thanks for the tip!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #668

I've tried to use the same approach as the one given here for installing PCSX-R with Wine just now with both pSX and ePSXe and neither have worked, did it work as simply as changing the .exe files into .app for you? They appear to be loading and opening, then disappear.

I don't convert my .EXE files, so I can't help you there . . .

I just use the Wine build from Mike Kronenberg's Site.

I've never really used the bottler. I just make one prefix and try to set it up so that everything I want runs OK (Right-click; Open with Wine).

I guess it's because I've been playing with Wine builds on MacOSX since back in the Darwine days . . .

"Bottles" kinda seemed like a waste of time and space to me . . .

To run pSX, you need to have a certain DirectX DLL installed.

Check it out Here. Download the third one down (d3dx9_26.dll) and run the installer in Wine.

You also need to run Winetricks and install comctl32 and comctl32.ocx if I remember correctly.

You might also need some MS Visual C++ libraries too (libraries only!).

Don't install the Express packs or any versions higher than 2005 sp1.

It'll take forever, and it won't work right . . .

I haven't ever gotten ePSXe to work in Mike Kronenberg's Wine builds, but I've heard that it can work in CrossOver so there might be a way.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you still have any problems!

MrEbert wrote:
Okay, I guess they weren't good because the checksums didn't match up. I downloaded the binaries from a different source and now FF7 is running fine. Thanks for the tip!

Glad everything is working for you now!
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ReddestDream. Reason: Fixed Spacing.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #669

Cool, I've got it running and I'm pretty happy with that, just can't seem to get USB Overdrive to make pSX recognise the gamepad still. Are there any particular settings on it I should be aware of? I've got it set to 'Logic Dual Action @ (The USB Port), Any Application'.

Sorry for being reet ignorant and thanks for your patience by the way

Time to create page: 0.28 seconds