Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 9 months ago #2382

The sound plugin broke recently; good job on finding the fix! I'm including an older, working version of the sound plugin in those latest builds (starting with 68616).

Also, just so credit is given where credit is due, I'm not directly involved in the development of PCSXR. A lot of the work on updated Mac plugins has been done by MaddtheSane (www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/MaddTheSane), and I'm sure that he wouldn't mind a kind word on the work he's been doing!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 8 months ago #2510

@SpeedofMac I was curious if you have recommended settings for the OpenGL GPU for PCSXR for Mac or am I better off using the Soft GPU?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 8 months ago #2512

Cody Johnstone wrote:
@SpeedofMac I was curious if you have recommended settings for the OpenGL GPU for PCSXR for Mac or am I better off using the Soft GPU?

Good question! I haven't been messing with the OpenGL plugin a lot, but I recommended these settings for that plugin when I was running the Windows version of PCSXR in Wine:

speedofmac.com/pcsx_wine4.html

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 8 months ago #2513

@SpeedofMac: Thanks! What changes/improvements were made in your latest compiled build (69909)? I noticed the latest changeset on their site is 69887. Was curious to know why there is a difference there.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 8 months ago #2514

Cody Johnstone wrote:
@SpeedofMac: Thanks! What changes/improvements were made in your latest compiled build (69909)?

I didn't make any changes, and I'm not sure of what else got updated after 69887. I guess it's a delicious mystery.

Also, you can make those graphics settings higher depending on your computer. I have a 13" MBP from '09, so it isn't great with intense graphics. If you've got an iMac or something, you could crank those settings until you notice a drop in performance.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2518

Hey,

I'm looking for some help here. I just downloaded the latest build (69909) and got the BIOS, but I can't do anything to the plugins. I'm not even able to click the drop-down menu. Any help with this would be appreciated. [img]
Screen_shot_2011_08_29_at_21.png

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2519

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat. I figured I'd try the latest build, and aside from it now having a different Application Support/ path, its plugin directory is identical in structure but does not work.

Old PCSX-R application support path: ~Library/Application Support/pcsx

Current PCSX-R application support path: ~Library/Application Support/pcsxr

Move (or better yet just duplicate) your ~Library/Application Support/pcsx folder and rename it "pcsxr" without the quotes. That takes care of the BIOS.

The plugins, however are mystifying me. Their internal directory remains the same. It seems that the app no longer even knows where to look for its plugins.

Got any ideas Speedofmac?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2520

Squishy Tia wrote:
Got any ideas Speedofmac?

It's working fine for me as long as "Open in 32-bit mode" is checked when you get info on the app bundle. If it isn't checked, all the plugins are blank in the PCSXR preferences window. Does opening in 32-bit mode do the trick for you two?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2521

SpeedofMac wrote:
It's working fine for me as long as "Open in 32-bit mode" is checked when you get info on the app bundle. If it isn't checked, all the plugins are blank in the PCSXR preferences window. Does opening in 32-bit mode do the trick for you two?

Yup. That did it for me! Thanks for the help.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2522

Glad to hear it, and you're very welcome!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2523

I'll try that. Is there any reason this should even be an issue though? Seems like an incorrect compile target was used if we have to use 32-bit mode (i386 vs. x64).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2524

Interesting. The active architecture was set to i386, but the executable was still compiling as 32- & 64-bit. This problem shouldn't be present in any of my future builds, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2532

Using 32-bit mode worked. Unfortunately the OpenGL plugin for the Mac client still renders games unplayable. I take it in order to have a mostly working plugin we're going to have to resort to PCSX-R inside WINE?

That's a PITA, but if the speed is about the same as the native Mac client, then I guess I could live with it.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2536

I apologize for the inconvenience, but i cannot seem to find the answer any where. i have the newest version of pcsxr i believe. i have ran final fantasy vii perfectly up until the point in a flashback scene where you fight and destroy a dragon. after the battle the screen blackens and stays that way. the music continues. it doesn't seem to respond to any input from the keyboard. if anyone has had this problem it would be gratefully appreciated if an answer was provided. thank you.

MacBook Pro 2011
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Mac OS X v. 10.6.8
i do not have lion
AMD Radeon HD 6750M and Intel HD Graphics 3000

if you need any other info please tell me.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2577

did people stop talkin here? First I d/led the latest build. Simpleinput 1.0.0 plugin I got from 1.6 works, the one in the latest build won't even let me play games with my keyboard, but with 1.0 plugin it doesnt have all the buttons, just the pad, start, select & up, d, left, right. Is there anyway I can get an updated plugin, pre-the latest build that works? Also, in the latest build, the sound is all, gravely?..it just sounds odd. it sounds like a vinyl record almost. lol

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2578

Been playing PCSX-R 1.9.92 all afternoon- copied it over from my MBP to my new iMac; setup was just fine, played discs and ISOs, mostly with a gamepad. No real BIOS, and I don't think I've installed any plugins it didn't ship with. It's a little unstable- always has been, hence my prior preference for zeroPSX (which isn't working at all on my iMac...)- but if I keep to the center of the road and on known-compatible games, it seems just fine. If you want 100% compatibility with no plugin wrangling, secondhand PS1s are what, $50 if that?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2581

I just started playin PCSXR yesterday..and dammit, I havent been that happy bout PSX emulation since the CVGS days, b4 Connetix sold out to Sony.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 7 months ago #2596

Is there a better sound plugin than the one in the current release of PCSXR? A few games have very ruffled up noise, most have sound that sounds like your listening to a vinyl record.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2607

How comes that the latest changeset of pcsx-r is 69887 but on speedOfMac's site it is 69909?
Where does that come from?

Re: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 6 months ago #2630

Hi i'm a noob and have a question that I hope someone can help me out with.

I have PCSX reloaded and trying to run FFVIII It works fine apart from when it tries to load a battle. The screen freezes as it is about to play the swirling motion. I have tried tweaking some of the graphics configurations with no luck. I am running on a macbook pro on OSX... unsure of the specific specs but i'm sure it is powerful enough. Does anyone know of a way to get this game working on this emulator?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds