Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2064

I did that, and everything else i read. I even watched a few videos on youtube. I checked and uncheck all those boxes and tried every combination of all the other stuff people were having problems with. It just does the same thing, every time. Its very discouraging. I have an Intel Core Duo Macbook Pro version 10.6.6. There isn't anything wrong with my computer is there?
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by Matt Lucas.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2066

This has also been my experience. I just figured it was because I was trying to use faulty images, though.

I was testing Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura and Megaman Legends 2, two games known not to work with previous versions of PCSX. I expected to get more than just a message telling me the CD-ROM cannot be checked, though.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2073

Well it turns out that it was my fault. The file I had was corrupt.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2079

Greetings,

I recently updated to the newest PCSX-Reloaded change set (63004) and my XBOX 360 controller I had setup suddenly started having weird issues. Some aspects of it function normally, but in certain games no buttons but what I have mapped to X and O work - the analog sticks and d-pad all seem fine though. I'm going to try removing and re-installing its drivers, but the problem occurred when I updated in an attempt to get freeze-states working from a much older version of PCSX for Mac OSX (not reloaded, but it was using the HID plugin).

Any ideas?

edit: I can confirm that version pcsxr-1.9.91-macosx-nodynarec works fine - no issues, but its a build from Dec 25 2009.
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by Mac.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2081

It seems to be some problem with the XBOX 360 controller driver and the new plugin - the controller works fine in SNES9x and in other applications and games, and works fine with the older version of PCSX (the freeze-state problem exists though). I tried to load the plugin from the older version into the current version though, and still got the same problems - so I wonder if its the plugin at all.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2094

Big news: a PCSX-Reloaded developer has ported the PeopsXGL OpenGL video plugin to the Mac. This patch hasn't yet been approved, so don't get too excited. Still, it is pretty big news. You can see more details at http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2099

Can't wait til a compiled build is ready for us. Don't have the time to screw with building it myself right now.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2127

Hi guys. I've just downloaded Pcsx Reloaded (Windows with Wine), following the instruction in Speed of Mac. However, every time I try opening Preferences on the app, it opens the application on X11 . I couldn't get it to configure the PCSX-R plugins and the Configuration box on the PCSX-R is empty. Help on this is much appreciated, thanks!

Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by littlesev.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 2 months ago #2129

SpeedofMac just posted a build that has the new OpenGL plugin.

It's still very buggy, but a huge step in the right direction.

Having some timing issues: With no framelimit the games go way too fast (120-200 fps). With the limit active, they frequently dip below 20-30 fps. Turning off the framerate limit but activating vsync fixes the game's framerate, but then the audio plays superfast.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 1 month ago #2138

Let's hope that the devs find the time to work out kinks like that pretty quickly!

I figured I'd let you all know that I've moved the latest builds of PCSX-Reloaded that I post every now and then: they're now located at http://speedofmac.com/emulation/pcsx-reloaded.php. I made this move largely so that people could download previous change sets if the latest build gives them trouble.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 1 month ago #2189

It's amazing that between 1999 and 2011 PS emulation has actually got worse for mac.

I just dl'd this and it refuses to run an ISO. It says "Error! Could not check CD-ROM", whatever that means (I selected open ISO). The ISO works on windows-based emulators, but I'm running a 2007 Macbook and I'd like to run the native build if possible. In other words, it's not corrupted.

The BIOS is SCPH-5500, as the game I want to run is Japanese (it was the bios in my physical, dust-caked PS1).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 1 month ago #2190

Is Dynarec CPU core turned off in the preferences?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 1 month ago #2206

anyone have the pcsx 1.6 b , i can't acess the site pcsx.gpost.dk/files/Pcsx-1.6pre.zip , doesn't opening ... and i would like to donwload this version , im using powerbook g4 with leopard 10.5.8 runnin pcsx 1.5 with no problem , but would like to get the 1.6 version , since the 1.9 reload its not supported on this machine since its not intel .
anyone can help me out ?

thk in advance

jonas

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years ago #2209

If nobody can sort you out by this weekend, I've got it on my Powermac which I'll have access to on Saturday. Someone else will probably have it though I'm sure!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years ago #2224

I've used SNES and Genesis emulators that have the ability to use Game Genie codes. Is there something in the works for PCSX-Reloaded where Gameshark codes would be usable? That's really the only thing missing from what is a great emulator.

On another note, when trying to run Nightmare Creatures (the first one) I don't get any background music and when I create an iso from the disc, instead of a single bin file, there are a whopping 26 of them, each with different track numbers that I assume refer to music yet the first one is the only one that plays and doesn't get music. Is there any way around this?

Edit: I've got the audio problem solved by disabling CD Audio tracks but the game keeps locking up on me at various points. I have the OpenGL plugin enabled. It doesn't lock up as quickly when I am not in fullscreen and didn't lock up at all (though I didn't play for very long) when I used the SoftGL plugin option instead. The game looks really ugly in that mode though. With OpenGL, the character models are quite sharp and of better quality than the actual game offered in its original state. Is it something with my computer and not the program or software that can't handle the game in the better graphic mode?

I'm running a MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory, with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB graphics card.

I've run other games in fullscreen with the OpenGL plugin and experienced no problems, such as Granstream Saga, Pong 3D (a graphics hog to be sure ), and Resident Evil: Nemesis.

Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: 13 years ago by Joseph Rickey.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years ago #2226

Heh. The OpenGL plugin makes BoF 4 nigh impossible to play (or even stand in any menu setting). Sad too since it had a texture blend feature that made textures look really good. It'll be great someday, just not yet.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years ago #2227

Squishy Tia wrote:
Heh. The OpenGL plugin makes BoF 4 nigh impossible to play (or even stand in any menu setting). Sad too since it had a texture blend feature that made textures look really good. It'll be great someday, just not yet.

So basically, it's in all likelyhood the plugin and not my computer being underpowered that's causing the hit and miss playability from game to game.

How often is the OpenGL plugin updated? I hope a higher degree of compatibility comes sooner rather than later.

[PeopsSPU.psxplugin] Muted Crashing 13 years ago #2228

Hi, I'm trying to run my Tomb Raider 1 via PCSX-R for Mac, although I'm having a bit of a glitch - I can get it playing fine, with the Sound Plugin set to 'muted', however if I make the volume any louder than that, trying to run the game crashes PCSX (and in most times I've tried - my whole system).

I'm using "Select Mac OS X Sound v1.1.0 [PeopsSPU.psxplugin]" as the plugin, though there are no others to select from.

Oh, one other thing that maybe could help... I originally tried running it through a pre-Reloaded version of PCSX... I could get that running WITH sound upto the menu... though it hung on a black screen when I selected New Game. Would I be able to take that sound plugin out and put it into PCSX-R?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 9 months ago #2374

Hi SpeedofMac,

I love where the Mac version of PCSXR is going with better graphics plugins, but now I'm getting a weird bug with the latest builds from your site (from about June on). When I launch the app, it can't find any sound plugins and the sound plugin area in preferences is grayed out. When I look at package contents of PCSXR, however, the PeopsSPU.psxplugin is there. It's the same with different recent versions I've downloaded, but reverting back to a version I have from a few months ago everything works fine. I'm stumped. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 12 years, 9 months ago #2378

Huh, replacing the PeopsSPU.psxplugin with the one from the pcsxr-64536.dmg version from your site seems to have fixed the problem. I guess there is something about the newer plugin and my computer that don't get along.

Time to create page: 0.26 seconds