Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 6 months ago #1653

Hrm, checking no CD audio didn't work. It still stays at the black screen. I guess I will have to dig up my original copy unless anyone has another idea.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 6 months ago #1657

It isn't working because the ISO image does not contain any of the CDDA audio tracks. It contains only the main XA track which the game data resides on. You'll need the original game CD to run off of.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 5 months ago #1730

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a question or two about pcsx. I'm an old gamer who used to enjoy a lot of ps1 games, and I have used an emulator for it in windows XP. There, the iso's just simply worked as unzipped. OS X is giving me a hard time today though, after 3 hours of trying still no luck.

I grabbed pcsx as well as the 1001 bios, and It appears to be working, I just get the same error message that others have had: "could not check cd rom!" when I try to play iso's. I have only tried a few, but they all said this. I tried downloading the cdrmooby plugin and placed it in the plugins folder. This made the error message stop when I insert an ISO, but the pcsx screen just sits there black and nothing happens.

I have been getting my iso's from a certain emu site because they have like every game... My question is should I get them from somewhere else? This is clearly an ISO reading problem. Should I burn the files that unarchiver outputs into disk images? Because I tried that a couple different ways with no luck. What format does pscx want to read? What steps do I take to make an ISO work well? I'm sorry if I'm vague, but I'm new to os x emulation. Thanks!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 5 months ago #1731

The file should be named "xxxxxx.iso", though I'm sure that PCSX can detect header info properly. You are using CMD-I to initiate the ISO load, yes? You shouldn't be getting the "cannot check cdrom" error when loading an ISO, as the emulator does not even attempt to check a physical drive when loading the ISO.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 5 months ago #1732

Make sure you're using a recent version, lots of bugs have been fixed.

If you know how to compile from source, you can get new change sets here: pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

SpeedofMac also periodically releases compiled binaries here: speedofmac.com/pcsx_latest.html

cdrmooby is no longer required as PCSX-R has natively supported ISO loading for a long time now.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 5 months ago #1745

Thanks to the two above posters for the help. I figured out that it was just a problem with the ISO's being converted into .ecm files after extracting them. All I had to do was download unecm and use it to convert these and everything worked great. Thanks again =).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1813

Hey guys, anyone else having problems with using a USB pad with PCSX Reloaded?
Specifically, I'm using a USB Sega Saturn pad, like the one shown in the picture.

Trouble is, the D-Pad doesn't register properly, down is up etc.
Works fine with all other emulators.
unnamed.jpg
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by chewdiggy.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1815

I had some trouble with my own controller (PS2 connected with some no-name adapter). It seemed like the analog stick was stuck on "up". No troubles in any other emulator, including the PSX emulator I tried on my Windows partition.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1816

On OS X, one thing you may wish to do is once the app/game that will be using the controller is launched, rotate the dpad/analog stick a few times. This serves as an impromptu calibration so the system can "see" the center point (deadzone). I have to do this once on any reboot before playing WoW, or else the system thinks the down arrow is constantly being held down.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1831

Cheers, will give that a go.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1834

May I suggest that you go out and get PS3 controller? Snow Leopard recognizes this out-of-the-box with all the buttons and axes. The only thing not working is the rumble, because there seems to be no suitable protocol for it.

Just plug it in, activate Bluetooth, set it to “Discoverable”, press the PS button, unplug it, re-plug it, maybe unplug it again and OSX will establish the connection. This only has to be done once until you pair it with a different machine. Afterwards pressing the PS button will suffice. In order to turn the controller off, simply disconnect it via the Bluetooth menu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1835

Tattiebogle (creator of the XBOX 360 Controller Driver for OS X) has a very early version of a PS3 driver on his site too, it may be a bit more straightforward than the method described above!

PS3 Controller Driver for OS X
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by dickmedd.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1836

Alternatively you can buy a USB adapter if you already have the controller for it. I personally can't stand the L2/R2 buttons of the PS3 controller. If you look around well, you can find adapters for lots of controllers, including NES, SNES, N64, Cube, PS2, etc.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1837

HDL wrote:
If you look around well, you can find adapters for lots of controllers, including NES, SNES, N64, Cube, PS2, etc.

Like here for example.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1838

Squirrel wrote:
HDL wrote:
If you look around well, you can find adapters for lots of controllers, including NES, SNES, N64, Cube, PS2, etc.

Like here for example.

Holy crap! I never thought I'd find something like that after the original RetroPad multi-controller -> usb adapter was killed almost 11 years ago. Now if only I could find a NEW ASCiiPad or three.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1841

As I said, you only have to do this once. After the pairing procedure has been completed, all you have to do is activate Bluetooth and press the PS button.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1848

I am on a late 2007 (purchased in 2008) MacBook running MacOS 10.6.5. I downloaded PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.91. I tried inserting a Breath of Fire 4 CD and told PCSX to run the CD. For a couple seconds I get nothing but a black screen. Then it gives me this error: "Could not check CD-ROM". If I eject the CD and re-open PCSX to have it run a CD again, it still gives me the same error. That tells me that this version of PCSX can't even read my CD/DVD drive at all. Or am I wrong to assume that?

I also still have PCSX version 1.5 test 3. That version runs playstation CD's just fine. The only thing with that one is its been freezing on me lately while I'm playing Breath of Fire 4. I'll be in the middle of a battle or looking through my items and then it will just freeze. It no longer accepts input from my controller. The type of controller that I have is a Gravis GamePad Pro. I am then forced to shut down the emulator and re-open it altogether. I sometimes even have to go and reset all the controls for my controller. If someone could shed some light on either of these issues, I would appreciate it. Thanks much.

Brian

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1851

Have you tried 1.99.2 or the latest builds I post at http://speedofmac.com/pcsx_latest.html?
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1852

No, I don't think I have tried those yet. I will give them a shot and get back to you.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 4 months ago #1856

I have downloaded your latest update at speedofmac.com/pcsx_latest.html and set it up. At first, I was having the exact same issues I listed in my initial post. Then, I got to thinking. "Maybe it isn't the emulator that's causing me problems. What if my controller itself is having issues??" I came up with that because when I said my game was "freezing", it wasn't really doing that. I could still hear sound coming from my game which told me it was still running. It was my controller that was no longer accepting input from me. I would hit every single button and I would get nothing. My character would not move or do anything I told it to. So to REALLY test this out, I went and grabbed my wife's controller. She has the exact same one I do (Gravis GamePad Pro) but she hasn't used hers nearly the amount of times I have used mine. So, I plugged in her controller and played Breath of Fire 4 for awhile. About the same amount of time I would play using my controller. And in that amount of time, MY controller would stop accepting input from me. But while using my WIFE'S controller, it worked the whole entire time. My character always did what I told it to do. So, I have come down to the conclusion that MY controller is no longer working properly. Either its the controller itself, or there is a short in the wiring somewhere within the cable that runs from the controller to my computer. Thinking its time now for me to purchase a new controller and ditch this one. As far as the emulator goes, it works pretty smoothly. Haven't noticed any issues with it yet. I will inform you of any issues I do come across though.

Brian

Time to create page: 0.25 seconds