Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:10.6.3 8 years, 6 months ago #776

savvos wrote:
Has anyone else tried using Wine for ePSe or PCSX with the 10.6.3 update? I've been playing around with ePSXe and it seems like a lot of the graphical glitches that were happening with some of the enhancement options turned on have been fixed (like black flickering in the Tekken 3 character selection screen) and it runs faster. In fact, some things run way better with the Pete's OGL Driver 1.77 in OSX through Wine than they do with the DX3D driver in Windows (I'm using Vista, and Pete's OGL 1.77 driver runs so slowly that it's not even an option.)


That sounds like great news! I'll have to fool around with the GPU plugins and see if I'm as lucky.

About a dozen change sets of PCSX-Reloaded have gone up in the past five hours. They clean up a lot of plugin code, especially CD and SPU plugins, and there's mention of a memory viewer/dumper, but I can't see where it's implemented for the Mac version. You can get the source code from the PCSX-Reloaded CodePlex site or download an already-compiled binary from the PCSX-Reloaded section of SpeedofMac.com.

Enjoy!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #780

PCSX-Reloaded have been busting their chops lately! A new change set was posted today, and this one uses the GTE from PCSX-Revolution, a PlayStation emulator for Wii. This makes graphics more accurate and fixes graphics issues in some games. As usual, you can download a compiled version of the change set from SpeedofMac.com. Let us know if this version fixes some of your graphics woes!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #797

A new change set went up today that should fix sound issues after loading a save state and a problem with Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy. You can grab a pre-compiled version from SpeedofMac.com.

Happy gaming!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #799

SpeedofMac, you f---in' rock!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #800

Hmmm even with the new build, I still can't get my logitech dual action gamepad to play nicely on my MBP. It seems like the regular buttons work, but there are still axis issues with the D pad. The analog won't work at all. Even if I try to run it as digital only, the problems still persist with the D pad. For example, if I load up dragon warrior VII, I can get to the continue/start new quest screen using the buttons, but the arrow either doesn't move or scrolls uncontrollably. I have this same problem with Final Fantasy VII. I thought the new builds addressed the logitech problems?

Any ideas?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #801

Steven wrote:
Hmmm even with the new build, I still can't get my logitech dual action gamepad to play nicely on my MBP. It seems like the regular buttons work, but there are still axis issues with the D pad. The analog won't work at all. Even if I try to run it as digital only, the problems still persist with the D pad. For example, if I load up dragon warrior VII, I can get to the continue/start new quest screen using the buttons, but the arrow either doesn't move or scrolls uncontrollably. I have this same problem with Final Fantasy VII. I thought the new builds addressed the logitech problems?

Any ideas?


I have this same problem. With a couple minutes of fooling around, I was able to assign the left axis to the d-pad. The d-pad constantly fires "15" for that controller, and PCSX-Reloaded doesn't know what to do with it. If you set the controller mode to digital, though, you can set your left axis to the d-pad by doing a straight and fast flick of the axis.

For me, I selected the direction I wanted to assign, pressed the Return key on the keyboard, and instantly afterwards moved the axis in the opposite direction from the d-pad. So, if you want set axis up to d-pad up, move your axis down when doing the button assign. Here's a little bit of encouragement for you:

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #804

Hmm I'm not quite sure I understand your description. For me, no matter how quickly I hit the D pad after hitting return, it still sets it as hatswitch. I'm not quite sure I understand why you want to press the opposite direction.

Seeing your video and the listing of x,y axes, I did figure out that you can use the logitech's analog strokes when you select the D pad settings and press the mode button (with the red light) to swap functions of the stick and pad. So far it seems to be working.

I would like to understand what you did though. Thanks in advance.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 6 months ago #805

Steven wrote:
Hmm I'm not quite sure I understand your description. For me, no matter how quickly I hit the D pad after hitting return, it still sets it as hatswitch. I'm not quite sure I understand why you want to press the opposite direction.

Seeing your video and the listing of x,y axes, I did figure out that you can use the logitech's analog strokes when you select the D pad settings and press the mode button (with the red light) to swap functions of the stick and pad. So far it seems to be working.

I would like to understand what you did though. Thanks in advance.


Because the d-pad always misfires up or down, I used the left axis on the gamepad as the d-pad. The analog stick's directions are the opposite of that of the d-pad, so you have to map "Down" to analog stick "Up", "Left" to analog stick "Right", and so on. If you've got it working now, that's great!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 5 months ago #866

A new change set went up today. Here's what they say changed:
Root counters code was written from scratch.
Final Fantasy 8/9, Vandal Hearts 1/2, Wipeout, Lifeforce Tenka work properly now.
Parasite Eve 2 and InuYasha weren't fixed - it's impossible right now, an overall
emulator's precision is too low. It's needed to count the proper CPU timing and to get rid of BIAS.
Because of the same reason it's useless to set the vsync interrupt on vblank, even if it
would fix some games - Pandemonium for example, but would also broke the
others - Final Fantasy IX for example, I've chosen the last one.
Savestate compatibility is lost.


See http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/47077 for more information.

Does anyone notice any big improvements in playability for any of the above-mentioned games?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 5 months ago #875

I've noticed that the FFVIII opening FMV skipping problem is much improved, though still present. There's also still some glitching entering random encounters on the overworld, but, overall, this release is definitely a big improvement.

Thanks again for providing these builds!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 5 months ago #883

ReddestDream wrote:
I've noticed that the FFVIII opening FMV skipping problem is much improved, though still present. There's also still some glitching entering random encounters on the overworld, but, overall, this release is definitely a big improvement.

Thanks again for providing these builds!


That's good to hear! Another couple change sets went up today, but it doesn't seem as though they made big changes. I'll continue to keep you posted!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 5 months ago #965

Here's some good news: PCSX-Reloaded change sets are working for OS X again! They've been broken since May 7th, so I haven't been posting much lately. The newest build is up in the usual spot, and it comes with good news. Games fixed are:
  • Final Fantasy 8
  • Final Fantasy 9
  • Vandal Hearts 1
  • Vandal Hearts 2
  • Wipeout
  • Lifeforce Tenka


and there were also code cleanups, some sound plugin changes, and talk of a netplay plugin, but I don't think that it's ready for OS X yet. I'd be curious to know if this fixes the problems people have been having with the above games. Enjoy!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #994

Hey guys -- I just read this entire post, but I'm still having issues with the newest version of Pcsx reloaded. I installed it, put the bios where it should be, etc. (in short, I followed SpeedofMac's page), but it still just says "Error! Could not check CD-Rom!" when I try to load off of either the original Psx cd in my dvd drive (Final Fantasy Tactics) or a iso of that image.

I did have the cd working on the pre-1.6 original Pcsx, though I never managed to get an iso to work on that either, even with the cdrmooby plugin (thus I was trying the reloaded version ).

Is there anything else I can try, or should I just go back to the old set-up and be stuck with the cd? I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8, if that matters.

Thanks!
- Submerged06

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1001

Steve Johnson wrote:
Hey guys -- I just read this entire post, but I'm still having issues with the newest version of Pcsx reloaded. I installed it, put the bios where it should be, etc. (in short, I followed SpeedofMac's page), but it still just says "Error! Could not check CD-Rom!" when I try to load off of either the original Psx cd in my dvd drive (Final Fantasy Tactics) or a iso of that image.

I did have the cd working on the pre-1.6 original Pcsx, though I never managed to get an iso to work on that either, even with the cdrmooby plugin (thus I was trying the reloaded version ).

Is there anything else I can try, or should I just go back to the old set-up and be stuck with the cd? I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8, if that matters.

Thanks!
- Submerged06


Have you tried unchecking all of the boxes in under the "Options" header in the Preferences window?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1002

Yes, they are all unchecked .

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1015

Steve Johnson wrote:
Yes, they are all unchecked .


When you try to load an ISO file, do you use File -> Run ISO? I can remember a few people having that problem. Two PCSX-Reloaded to keep an eye on are http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5289 and http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=211975.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1016

Maybe I was just dreaming, but I've been able to load FFIX in the recent builds of PCSX-Reloaded without a bios in the bios directory. The good folk at PCSX-Reloaded have been working on their PS bios emulator, and it seems to be coming along. Can anyone else confirm that they are able to run games using the HLE bios? PCSX-Reloaded will auto-detect that you don't have a bios in your directory and will enable the HLE bios automatically, or you can check the "Simulate PSX Bios" option in the Preferences window to enable it yourself.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1039

the BIOS simulation should work well with FF7 and Xenogears (I didn't playthrough XG with bios simulation though), but FF9 would crash randomly.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1064

Sorry if this has been answered already. I don't think it has but i didn't read through all 7 pages so bear with me. I have downloaded pcsx and added the bios and everything. As far as I know, the program will work if i actually have something downloaded. The problem comes with the download. I download roms and as soon as i do the file becomes unknown. After it fully downloads I try to open it and it opens up as random code and text....i dont get it. PCSX won't even recognize it...nor will anything else. It goes to my download folder and becomes unknown.download.

whats up? is it the file i'm downloading. I was trying legend of dragoon and bloody roar 2. neither worked...please please help

alsoi have pcsx r and everything. all the plugins. all the bios. in the correct folder. I think i'm just messing up on the rom end. is there anthing i need to play those files? when i choose run cd it says pcsx has quit unexpectedly. when i choose run bios it says could not check cd-rom. same with isos....and the file is sitll always downloaded as unknown.download.
Last Edit: 8 years, 4 months ago by Brent.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 8 years, 4 months ago #1068

As much as I hate promoting piracy, I will tell you it looks like you have a problem from your source. A .download file is an incomplete download from Safari.

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds