Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #670

Using the dd command worked for copying my FFT disc. I'm going to do the same for my SO2 discs. Having PSX games run at 60 FPS is...so nice. Saves wear and tear on my PS3's laser and motor(s). Now I just need to figure out how to get the PS1 memory card files from the PS3 onto my Mac's SSD.

I couldn't use Firestarter as it crashed on launch with a very similar error to the previous version of PCSX-R. dd works though.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #671

Commodore 64 Dinosaur wrote:
Cool, I've got it running and I'm pretty happy with that, just can't seem to get USB Overdrive to make pSX recognise the gamepad still. Are there any particular settings on it I should be aware of? I've got it set to 'Logic Dual Action @ (The USB Port), Any Application'.

The only thing I can think of is that you need to make sure that pSX and USB Overdrive have the keys assigned to the right keyboard keys. Pick keys on the keyboard to work for pSX, then assign them to the gamepad with USB Overdrive.

USB Overdrive doesn't make pSX (or any Wine program) recognize gamepads directly. It just lets you use the gamepad by assigning keyboard keys (that Wine programs do recognize) to the buttons on the gamepad.

Sorry for being reet ignorant and thanks for your patience by the way

Not a problem!

Hope this helps!

Squishy Tia wrote:
Using the dd command worked for copying my FFT disc. I'm going to do the same for my SO2 discs. Having PSX games run at 60 FPS is...so nice. Saves wear and tear on my PS3's laser and motor(s). Now I just need to figure out how to get the PS1 memory card files from the PS3 onto my Mac's SSD.

I couldn't use Firestarter as it crashed on launch with a very similar error to the previous version of PCSX-R. dd works though.

Glad you got it working!

I'm not really sure what's up with Firestarter FX, but it's probably that you have a newer/different disc drive.

I've heard there's a way to get a DexDrive to work on MacOSX, but I've never personally used one . . . . . . not really sure how to help you with memory card files.

Hope this helps!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #672

I can confirm that ePSXe will work with Wine on OS X. You need to put zlib.dll in the ePSXe folder (see this link for more information), and in WineBottler, choose to run ePSXe directly in Wine, not to convert it to an OS X application.

(Also posted at the MacRumors Forums)

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #674

Cool!

I'll have to give that a try later.

Thanks, SpeedofMac!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #675

I found a way to convert PS3's virtual PS1 savestates (.psv) to .mcr files. It's a program called MemCardRex by Sheno. It requires me booting into Windows since it has a req of .net FW 2.0, but it should allow me to move saves over. Problem is, each save is its own .mcr file, but I think MemCardRex can xfer saves between virtual cards too.

My only remaining problem is that the PCSX-R "working" is about 50/50. Half the time it loads fine and fast, the other half of the time it has that error I posted above (3/15/10 build). I'll try the 12/25/09 build later when I get home from work.

Question: Is the Dynarec CPU Core still incompatible with Intel macs?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #676

Squishy Tia wrote:

I think so. I thought Dynarec was removed from the PCSX-Reloaded builds.

I've always had better compatibility without it anyway . . .

Hope this helps!
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ReddestDream.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #677

ReddestDream wrote:
Cool!

I'll have to give that a try later.

Thanks, SpeedofMac!

You're welcome! I find that ePSXe isn't much different from the Windows version of PCSX-Reloaded because they use the same plugins. It's nice to have the choice, though. Let me know if you get it working and if you like one better than the other!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #678

Two PCSX-Reloaded change sets were released today, both focused on fixing the Mac gamepad plugin issues some users (myself included!) have been having. I'm away from my gamepads at the moment, but try out the new build to see if it works for you! As usual, you can get the source code from the PCSX-Reloaded CodePlex site or download an already-compiled binary from the PCSX-Reloaded section of SpeedofMac.com.

Enjoy!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #679

ReddestDream wrote:
Squishy Tia wrote:

I think so. I thought Dynarec was removed from the PCSX-Reloaded builds.

I've always had better compatibility without it anyway . . .

Hope this helps!

It's still an option in the preferences, and still checkable. If it's removed, the user sure wouldn't know it.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #680

Well, ReddestDream it all works fine now and you are a legend. Nice one.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #681

OK, vsync is still missing. Other than that it's great

What's the best way of compressing ISO so they're cross platform compatible?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years, 1 month ago #682

CrispyXUK wrote:
OK, vsync is still missing. Other than that it's great

What's the best way of compressing ISO so they're cross platform compatible?

The only compression format I've found that any PSX emulator will read is .BZ (with CompressIt), and that's only with PCSX(-Reloaded) for MacOSX with the Cdr Mooby Plugin.

I don't know what, if any, compression formats Windows PSX emulators will read.

Hope this helps!
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by ReddestDream.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #702

A few questions:

Speedofmac - The old version of PCSX - Reloaded works fine on my Mac (10.6.2 Mac Pro), the newest version downloaded from your website crashed whenever I load an ISO. It brings up a white box and then crashes.

Process: PCSX [4575]
Path: /Applications/PCSX-Reloaded.app/Contents/MacOS/PCSX
Identifier: com.codeplex.pcsxr
Version: PCSX-Reloaded (1.9.91)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [186]

Date/Time: 2010-03-24 14:51:47.765 -0600
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 2966360 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 23
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 11738 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 6
Anonymous UUID: F498601B-8AD8-425D-8E1F-E4252D6A3557

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: 0x000000000000000d, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 10

2nd Question: I've been trying to follow your directions for running the Windows version with Wine. I get as far as packaging it into a Mac OS Application and saving it, however when I run it it brings up X11 and nothing else launches.

Thanks for your help!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #703

Hi ian,

I recompiled and uploaded a copy of PCSX-Reloaded. Let me know if this one's also crashing.

I'm not sure about the Windows version of PCSX-Reloaded. When you double-click on the pcsx.exe file, choose the "Run directly in..." option. If you choose to bottle it into an OS X-style application, make sure you check the "Copy only..." option. Do either of those work for you?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #704

Hi SpeedofMac,

Thanks for the quick reply. That one is crashing as well, I have spent the last hour or so installing the developer software and was able to compile the project from the source and it STILL crashed. Strange...

No luck on the Run directly in option, and I was sure to check the "copy only" option, I did it about three times just to check .

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #705

ian wrote:
Hi SpeedofMac,

Thanks for the quick reply. That one is crashing as well, I have spent the last hour or so installing the developer software and was able to compile the project from the source and it STILL crashed. Strange...

No luck on the Run directly in option, and I was sure to check the "copy only" option, I did it about three times just to check .

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I did a little Google search and found that the Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) error is sometimes caused by a corrupted .GlobalPreferences.plist file, duplicate drivers, or a permissions error. It could be that one thing is affecting the two versions of PCSX-Reloaded .

Onyx is a good application that can help clean up files and repair permissions: http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english/apps.html. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but that's a good place to start! (Just be sure to make a backup of important files before doing anything too crazy with Onyx. They give you plenty of warnings about it, and I haven't had any problems with them, but it's always best to be on the safe side.)
Last Edit: 14 years ago by ConsoleEmu.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #710

Well I feel stupid...

Really simple fix for the Mac version issue. Just unchecked the Dynarec CPU core option... ugh.

The windows version still doesn't work for some reason. I tried it on a macbook pro running the same system specs and it worked fine, so I think it's time for me to do a clean install on this machine...

Thanks for your help!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #715

ReddestDream wrote:
FFIX has the Dali crash problem. I don't know if this has been fixed, but it was removed from the list of problems on James Madley's blog.
Ack, I've been mentioned. Just lurking around when I saw myself.

To clear up the status of Dali crash problem, yes, it has been fixed.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 14 years ago #716

James Madley wrote:
ReddestDream wrote:
FFIX has the Dali crash problem. I don't know if this has been fixed, but it was removed from the list of problems on James Madley's blog.
Ack, I've been mentioned. Just lurking around when I saw myself.

To clear up the status of Dali crash problem, yes, it has been fixed.

It's nice to have you aboard! I took a peek at your blog entry on FFIX some time ago, and it helped clear up quite a few things for me. It's good to know that you're lurking around these parts.

10.6.3 14 years ago #727

Has anyone else tried using Wine for ePSe or PCSX with the 10.6.3 update? I've been playing around with ePSXe and it seems like a lot of the graphical glitches that were happening with some of the enhancement options turned on have been fixed (like black flickering in the Tekken 3 character selection screen) and it runs faster. In fact, some things run way better with the Pete's OGL Driver 1.77 in OSX through Wine than they do with the DX3D driver in Windows (I'm using Vista, and Pete's OGL 1.77 driver runs so slowly that it's not even an option.)

Time to create page: 0.28 seconds