Welcome, Guest
PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 9 months ago #1069

oh. its like that from every place i've tried. i dont think i'm allowed to post the names but i've been to 3 or 4 different sites and they all do the same thing. i also tried multiple games.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 9 months ago #1070

actually i spoke to soon, you were correct. i downloaded it again and it downloads as a .rar. i got unrarx but it doesn't seem to be working. Does anybody know the process i am supposed to under go? I have downloaded them all but when i try to open them with pcsx it says the file is not compatable. when i just double click them and open them they come up as text and say total errors:1 among alot of other things. like CRC failed.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 9 months ago #1071

The Unarchiver is probably the best unarchiving utility I've seen recently. But if you have a CRC failure, it means that you have a bad piece, or the whole archive (if it's one giant file) has a bad part, and can't unarchive.

This information is provide for you in trade that you try to use your shift key.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 8 months ago #1204

Hey, does anyone know if there's a port of the Eternal SPU plugin for Mac. It would be really sweet if there was one (Linux has it), because it provides much better noise generation than PEOpS does. And with much better I mean that PEOpS SPU basically sucks at it and so does basically any plugin except SPUEternal. Games for comparison are Final Fantasy VII (battle sounds), Vagrant Story (just watch the VKP headquarters intro with those garbled thunder noises) or Final Fantasy IX (summon Bahamut).

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 8 months ago #1213

no source code to spueternal has been released so no one is able to port it.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 8 months ago #1217

If you set up the Windows version in Wine you can use the Eternal SPU plugin. The only downsides are that you need something like USB Overdrive to get the control pad working and the freeze states are a little wonky, but on the other hand you get to use all the great graphics and sound plugins. It works fine on my older Macbook with Intel graphics.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 8 months ago #1226

Are the PSX-Alternative guys even alive anymore? The site is pretty much dead for a couple of years...

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 8 months ago #1277

There's been some exciting news in the past twenty-four hours from the good people at PCSX-Reloaded: they've ported the DFCdrom plugin to OS X, and their port of the dfinput (to replace HIDInput) is underway. I just recently did a fresh install of Snow Leopard and forgot to install Xcode, so I can't build them until I get back into town. I'll let you know when the new builds are up and running!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1290

well don't be excited so quickly... I'm still unable to test the plugins on the previously problematic environments, so not sure if there are still problems

The dfcdrom/dfinput plugins were originally included with the GNU/Linux port of pcsx-r. I've done porting both of the plugins... so it would be grateful if someone who previously has problems with CDDeviceInterface or HIDInput can test if it's still problematic.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by Whistler.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1300

The new CD plugin finally gets rid of that "could not read CD-ROM" error. Discs work normally again and the disc change crashing I used to get is fixed as well.

But I encountered a problem with the new input plugin. It seems to read one of my axis button inputs as being held down constantly even when it's not. There are two of these buttons but it only does this for one of them. When you try to configure the controller, it will automatically select this button unless you hold another input while pressing Return. Of course, the emulator reads this button as being held down while playing a game as well, which can be quite a pain.

This didn't happen with the old plugin.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1301

What controller are you using? I had trouble with the hatswitch on my Logitech DualAction and my TomTop PS3 controllers. I found that if I didn't map any buttons to the hatswitch everything was fine, but I had to flick the left analog stick really quickly in the right direction for them to map properly. I haven't tried the new build with a Logitech controller yet, but I played a little Chrono Cross today with the TomTop controller, and both the axis and the hatswitch were working correctly. I hope you find a convenient workaround!

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1308

I am using this, except mine is the 360 version. Substitute R2 and L2 for RT and LT. The button in question is RT. Some emulators and controller test apps call it "axis 5+" (like SDLMAME and Mupen64Plus), others call it "axis 4-" (like PCSX), some call it Z-Rotation (Joystick and Gamepad Tester), and some don't recognize it at all (Kega Fusion). Minimum value is 0, maximum is 255. But since it's a button, it never reaches anything in between those two numbers. Most emulators seem to recognize it just fine, but there are a few like PCSX (and PJ64 in CrossOver) that get screwy.

PCSX recognizes it just like other emulators, but it's the only one that constantly keeps it "held down." I'm pretty sure it's some change with the new DFinput plugin, since the old plugin didn't have this problem. In the meantime I just have to play without using that button.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1311

HDL wrote:
I am using this, except mine is the 360 version. Substitute R2 and L2 for RT and LT. The button in question is RT. Some emulators and controller test apps call it "axis 5+" (like SDLMAME and Mupen64Plus), others call it "axis 4-" (like PCSX), some call it Z-Rotation (Joystick and Gamepad Tester), and some don't recognize it at all (Kega Fusion). Minimum value is 0, maximum is 255. But since it's a button, it never reaches anything in between those two numbers.

I see... then it's really actually the problem with that specific controller (button should not really be axis and default value of that "axis" is not the centered position, which caused the problem) Will add workaround for that in next revision.

EDIT: done, although I'm not able to test it. Also please let me know if this breaks something else.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by Whistler.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1312

I think the reason it's axis is because this controller is made with a 360 controller PCB, and the 360's LT and RT buttons are pressure-sensitive.

Anyway, I know absolutely nothing about compiling stuff from source, and yet thanks to the included Xcode project file I was able to figure it out pretty quickly. The problem is fixed, thanks for that bro!
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by HDL.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1322

You might wanna invest into a Dualshock 3 controller. Works on Snow Leopard out-of-the-box and all buttons work as expected.

By the way: Yes, Whistler, there are problems with the current plugins. HDInput is missing the L3 and R3 buttons (pressing the analog sticks down). Has this been fixed in the new version?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1328

Is there a way to disable the blurring (anti-aliasing) that is built into the SoftGL driver? There are times when it is far less headache inducing to read non-blurred text (Final Fantasy series, and FF7 in particular, I'm looking at you), even if it means more "jaggies". Jaggies I can live with, blurry text, I cannot (that's the reason I dont' activate the filters in SNES9x or BSNES).

Just askin'.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 7 months ago #1329

I know that there was an option in the Windows version which was called "Use system RAM" which did exactly that. Can't test whether this option exists on Mac, too, or not.

EDIT: It doesn't.
Last Edit: 13 years, 7 months ago by pizuz.

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 6 months ago #1558

I just recently downloaded PCSX for the mac and I started playing Parasite Eve and it worked fine. Then I tried to play Lunar 2 and it did not work properly I then looked around and found PCSX-R I installed it and Lunar 2 works perfectly now. But now Parasite Eve does not. It works until I try to load my data and the controller stops responding. It does not freeze because the counter at the top is still counting.

So I figured maybe it would not let me Load my old data so I went to start a new game. It worked fin until it went to the screen where I had to type in a name. The controller stopped responding once again. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 6 months ago #1570

Have you tried the Parasite Eve 2 game fix in PCSX-Reloaded's preferences?

Re:PCSX-Reloaded for Intel Macs 13 years, 6 months ago #1584

I was wondering if it'd be possible to add an option for nearest_neighbor interpolation in the video plugin. (not a fan of the blurriness that bilinear filtering does to 2D games)

Time to create page: 0.23 seconds