Welcome, Guest
How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile?

How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile? 13 years, 8 months ago #1399

I've been trying to play Valkyrie Profile from an image file and the game runs until one of the scene changes and then the screen just turns black. I can still press the buttons and I could hear some sounds from the game but the image just won't come back.

I'm also experiencing a similar problem with Saga Frontier, except for Saga Frontier the image just doesn't come up at all, only the sound works.

If anybody knows how to fix these issues, it would be much appreciated. I'm going to go on a long trip soon and it would be nice to have some of those classic games as companions on the plane

Re: How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile? 13 years, 8 months ago #1400

My google-fu hasn't picked up on any means to do this outside of ePSXE in Windows, unfortunately. This one may take an actual hack/fix update to get working, and I wouldn't expect that anytime soon. It sucks, but...hey wait, you like SaGa Frontier 1/2???? Just for that I must kill you. Many times. With a spork. With only two prongs. There were few games that I actually turned in for cash, and of those (which I can count on one hand's worth of fingers), those two were at the top of the return list. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

It was like the art team from FFT, the music team from Chrono Cross, and the menu team from the NES Final Fantasy 1 got together and had a drunken, pot laced tequilafest orgy and smeared it into an incoherent amalgom of a game. Twice.

Anywho, VP isn't likely to work soon without some serious hacking on the devs' part.
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by Squishy Tia. Reason: I iz teh gud spellar. Durrrr......

Re: How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile? 13 years, 8 months ago #1401

Looooool seriously you didn't like Saga Frontier? Funny thing is my grandma once saw me play the game once and she told me that the music is nice and relaxing (I think it was a theme from one of the towns).

About VP: then I'll just have to play it on the PC side for a while

Re: How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile? 13 years, 8 months ago #1402

Okay, I haven't tried Valkyrie in PCSX-R, but I know my discs (which don't work in a PS1 or PS2, even after repeat polishing ), when imaged in RAW mode with FireStarter-FX, play at least to the start of the first dungeon in zeroPSX without any adjustments. Might try that with your images and/or PCSX with real discs.

Re:How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile? 13 years, 8 months ago #1403

seanstar wrote:
Okay, I haven't tried Valkyrie in PCSX-R, but I know my discs (which don't work in a PS1 or PS2, even after repeat polishing ), when imaged in RAW mode with FireStarter-FX, play at least to the start of the first dungeon in zeroPSX without any adjustments. Might try that with your images and/or PCSX with real discs.

Did you determine that that was the problem with playing Valkyrie Profile on your PS2?

I have discs that I have verified to work perfectly (checked the ISOs on Redump.org), but I couldn't check them on the PS2 until I got back a few weeks ago. I could still check to see if there are any compatibility problems with Valkyrie Profile on the PS2, but my, albeit limited, research online has indicated that there are no such problems.

Natsha wrote:
Anywho, VP isn't likely to work soon without some serious hacking on the devs' part.

Yeah . . . Valkyrie Profile plays fine up to the first battle in PCSX 1.6, at which point it skips/slows down uncontrollably with, strangely enough, no drop in frame rate. Even if you push further on, the battles are completely broken. With PCSX-R, there is a problem in the opening after Lenneth goes down to Midgard with Freya (Black screen). The battles are still broken if you use a save past this point. Either way, it doesn't work . . .

Natsha wrote:
Looooool seriously you didn't like Saga Frontier?

IMHO, Saga Frontier was awesome!

Saga Frontier 2, on the other hand, was terrible. It shouldn't have been made . . .

Re:How to configure PCSX-R for Valkyrie Profile? 13 years, 8 months ago #1407

As I've said, I successfully played VP, even through battles and cutscenes, into the start of the first dungeon with no problems on zeroPSX. I stopped there only because I didn't want to play it on emulation if there's any chance I could play it on a real console. But on my PS2, the discs had some trouble loading various sections, and ultimately sat on a black screen 'retry' disc error transitioning to the second room of the first dungeon. I had them polished professionally and the issue got worse, and I had them tested on a PS1 at my local game shop and the same error occurred. Imaged from my MBP drive, however, the bin/cues seem fine, so *shrug*

Time to create page: 0.13 seconds