Welcome, Guest
HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX

HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1363

I've just finished installing PCSX and was just enjoying playing a game. So I saved the state and just to make sure that it would work, I clicked on defrost state. Well, it did work but as soon as the screen is reloaded, the controller stops working and the sound freezes. The image is still moving but no matter what I press, the character won't move forward.

I tried restarting the game from scratch and then tried freezing and defrosting in a new slot. When I defrosts the state, the game completely freezes.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Re: HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1366

I'll have to give this a whirl myself. Might as well, seeing as I'm bored out of my skull right now. What game were you using? If I have the same game I can try replicating your error. Barring that I'll just use a random game from my collection.

Re: HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1368

I'm was playing this really old game "Beyond the Beyond" but I somehow get the feeling that I'll have this problem with whichever game I'll play...

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1370

OK, I've tried with FF7, Star Ocean 2, and all three discs of the Arc the Lad Collection and save states work for me. I'm not getting any disconnects with the controller like you're seeing.

You don't have any USB controlling programs like USB Overdrive, SteerMouse or the like installed, do you?

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1371

No I don't, I've just put the game onto my mac from my external hard drive. I've even tried the normal save mode in the game but as soon as I do that, pcsx quits....

I don't know if there are any files missing related to the memory cards though. It's strange and I don't know why but sometimes the memory cards will show up in the folders and sometimes they don't. The same thing with the save states. I've also tried with Crash Bandicoot and when I'm trying to reload the state, it crashes as well....

I also noticed that there is something called MemoryCardExtractor in my pcsx folder but when I try to open it, it just quits (maybe it has something to do with that?)

This is soooo annoying

Would you mind telling me where you downloaded your pcsx? Mine came with a whole bunch of plug-ins already (I downloaded another one at first but it kept crashing until I came upon this one).....

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1372

You may wish to go here and follow the directions listed in the install tutorial.

One thing I forgot to ask: Do you have a legitimate PSX BIOS ROM installed properly, or are you using the "simulate PSX BIOS" option?

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1373

I'm using the iso images that I've ripped from my old PS1 cds. Thanks for the link and thanks for trying to help me out

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1374

Seems like there was something wrong with the version that I downloaded earlier. The version that came with your link works fine (can reload from saved states) and so far it hasn't crashed (touch the wood)! Thanks again, finally I can enjoy some gaming

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1378

Natsha wrote:
Seems like there was something wrong with the version that I downloaded earlier. The version that came with your link works fine (can reload from saved states) and so far it hasn't crashed (touch the wood)! Thanks again, finally I can enjoy some gaming

I can confirm that this was an issue with an older version of PCSX, I experienced the same problem and it was discussed on the main PCSX-R thread. SpeedofMac has been regularly compiling binaries of the latest source - I think ahead of pcsxr.codeplex.com - and a later version did fix this issue.

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1385

I just grabbed PCSX-R 1.9.92 and the first time I tried to save (Suikoden II), the game froze solid when trying to access the memory card files. I suspect this was likely due to it trying to access memcard files made with the original PCSX- fair warning for anyone else who has used both! YOu can go into the plugins pane and click the config button on the memory card section to create/specify new files.

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1390

You might have luck transferring the PCSX (original) generated memcard to a PS3, then back. I've done that with a couple old memcard files and it worked. This assumes you have both a ps3 and a flash drive of course.

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1391

Thanks for the info dickmedd Do you also have this problem, like some games not working on PCSX-R? I tried playing Saga Frontier and the graphic is just not working. The screen just turns black when I try starting the game, although I can still hear the music alright and even the sound of the cursor moving (which means that the game doesn't freeze, still responding but just no image). Just now I tried playing Chrono Cross and it works fine until I click new game and then it just goes black and nothing comes of it.

The files work fine on my ps1 emulator on the pc side but tis a bit annoying if I have to keep changing between windows and mac each time I want to play a different game
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by Natsha.

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1392

Natsha wrote:
Thanks for the info dickmedd Do you also have this problem, like some games not working on PCSX-R? I tried playing Saga Frontier and the graphic is just not working. The screen just turns black when I try starting the game, although I can still hear the music alright and even the sound of the cursor moving (which means that the game doesn't freeze, still responding but just no image). Just now I tried playing Chrono Cross and it works fine until I click new game and then it just goes black and nothing comes of it.

The files work fine on my ps1 emulator on the pc side but tis a bit annoying if I have to keep changing between windows and mac each time I want to play a different game


In the PCSX-R preferences, select the Configuration button for the Graphics Plugin. Check the "Enable Hacks" checkbox, then check the "Odd/even bit hack" checkbox. This should allow you to play Chrono Cross (if you hover your mouse over the line with "Odd/even bit hack" it specifically pops up "Chrono Cross", denoting that it is meant for that game).

Edit: These instructions apply to the Mac OS X version using the SoftGL plugin. As I've not used the Windows version, either natively or via WINE, I cannot comment on that version, though I suspect the preferences are nearly identical.
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by Squishy Tia.

Re:HELP!! Problems with saved states on PCSX 7 years, 5 months ago #1393

Squishy Tia wrote:
Natsha wrote:
Thanks for the info dickmedd Do you also have this problem, like some games not working on PCSX-R? I tried playing Saga Frontier and the graphic is just not working. The screen just turns black when I try starting the game, although I can still hear the music alright and even the sound of the cursor moving (which means that the game doesn't freeze, still responding but just no image). Just now I tried playing Chrono Cross and it works fine until I click new game and then it just goes black and nothing comes of it.

The files work fine on my ps1 emulator on the pc side but tis a bit annoying if I have to keep changing between windows and mac each time I want to play a different game


In the PCSX-R preferences, select the Configuration button for the Graphics Plugin. Check the "Enable Hacks" checkbox, then check the "Odd/even bit hack" checkbox. This should allow you to play Chrono Cross (if you hover your mouse over the line with "Odd/even bit hack" it specifically pops up "Chrono Cross", denoting that it is meant for that game).

Edit: These instructions apply to the Mac OS X version using the SoftGL plugin. As I've not used the Windows version, either natively or via WINE, I cannot comment on that version, though I suspect the preferences are nearly identical.


I'm using another emulator on my pc side (I found out about PCSX later). But now Chrono Cross works Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.18 seconds