Welcome, Guest
Help: Programming for the iPhone
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Help: Programming for the iPhone

Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #844

Does anyone have a link to a good, easy to learn tutorial on how to create apps for the iPhone? I want to start programming this summer now that I will be done with college and will have more free time. I like tutorials that have lots of pictures of how things are suppose to work, and also up to date ones would be nice. I've attempted this before but with no avail due to the Xcode tutorial being out of date and buttons and other features moved around.

Thanks!

Re:Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #846

If you are a web developer looking to branch into iPhone development, you might want to give phone-gap a look.

www.phonegap.com/

Re:Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #847

I am not a web developer, just starting. I am looking just to start with little apps like simple calculators ect... Nothing complicated. Just so I can get a grasp.

Re:Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #850

You could try this book, but it looks like it assumes some basic understanding of objective-C and programming concepts.

You might need to start with some general objective-C or Cocoa tutorials, then work your way up to the iPhone.

Re:Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #851

I'd grab cocos2d from here if you want an easier start. This will make things a little more high-level, and there's some good sample code on their site.

Re:Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #853

Ok, as it seems like I am over shooting, does anyone have good tutorials on how to use xcode?

Re:Help: Programming for the iPhone 13 years, 11 months ago #854

Do you have any programming experience at all?

If not, you may want to start with some basic web programming. Its the easiest way to just get started. It may not teach you the "best" methods of programming, but your time from code to seeing results will be significantly faster.

This is Apple's tutorial on XCode.
developer.apple.com/Mac/library/document...uction/qt_intro.html

Time to create page: 0.13 seconds