Welcome, Guest
I've not been here in ages!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: I've not been here in ages!

I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3635

What's up all? I've not been here in ages. What's up? ^^

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3637

Wow, Shiggy! Welcome back. Where you been, man?

Things haven't changed all that much around here. Most of the same people from the past few years still drop by, plus a few new faces (uh, avatars?). Some new emulators, too.

We were keeping up a decent run of game retrospectives on the front page for a while, but this year some of us have been busy with a little thing called Archive.vg that's gonna make a play for the big-time. Niemann, Mucx, Auston, menace690, and I are all on the team, along with a few others.

On a personal level, I'm pretty sure I was still at university last time you were a regular. I'm now a professional writer, mostly doing freelance about games and technology. Loving it so far, even if it's a bit of a shaky income.
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by mossy_11.

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3638

Awesome! Good for you. Yeah I remember being a regular, but lack of a better way of saying it I sort of lost interest and forgot about MacScene for a while.. I then saw a Toys R Us flier from 1996 that had a Sega Saturn on it, and I went in search of Yabuse, one of the best Saturn emulators out there. I found it on its own site, and not here (why isn't it listed here anymore?) and I got it working for what I wanted to test.

A lot has happened with me personally, namely that I got a job at a local 24h convenience store here in Boston area (I dunno if I mentioned in the past that I moved around a bit) that I've held for just over 2 years now. I'm very proud of it. Think of it as 7Eleven in concept, but not 7Eleven. lol I work the overnight shift, and I get some cookey ppl... Oh man the stories I could tell. lol. Anyway, I'm back for the long term again. I'll pop in every now and again to see if there're any threads that interest me. I'll also checkout Archive.vg once it's fully online. Sounds interesting.

EDIT: I didn't mean to post this thread under Gaming... could a mod (IUG or otherwise) move this to General Discussion? xD My bad...
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Shiggitay. Reason: Erm move to General Discussion?

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3639

Done.

Archive.vg is a thing you can visit and browse around right now. We'll be pushing out significant changes/updates over the coming months, but you can read the blog, download the iPhone app, and look around the database.

On the emulator database thing. We lost it entirely a few years ago when the hosting went kaput. Niemann and I are the only ones who've been adding stuff to it since restarting, and we're both busy with other priorities. If anyone wants to volunteer, we can hook you up with edit privileges. Or if you compile a list of missing emulators I can work through it this week and get them all added in.
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by mossy_11. Reason: added link

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3640

I wouldn't mind adding a few emulators at some point. After Dec 25th, I'll take a look at what's in my Applications folder and not on the database.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shiggitay

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3641

dickmedd, I forget exactly which user group has what privileges, but I've bumped you up to Editor. You'll now have an Admin menu at the top, with which you can add emulators. Let me or Niemann know if you have any questions, or if you run into problems.

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 3 months ago #3642

lol Way to hijack my thread.

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 2 months ago #3648

Hmm, I guess I haven't been here for a while as well. Hello again Shiggitay.

Re: I've not been here in ages! 11 years, 2 months ago #3657

n45800 wrote:
Hmm, I guess I haven't been here for a while as well. Hello again Shiggitay.

SUP SUP SUP?!

Time to create page: 0.17 seconds